Yorkshire Area Champions in Concert

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by Aidan, Mar 12, 2004.

1. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

YBS under MD David King will be performing at Morley Town Hall on Sat 13th March (tomorrow evening)
    Kick off at 7.30
    On the programme is the testpiece Tristan Encounters, which we came 1st with at last week's areas. Come and hear Dave Kings
    2 of the featured soloists will be Peter Roberts and Sheona White (Yorkshire Areas Best Instrumentalist and Best Soloist, respectively)
    Other pieces to include "Festive Impressions" and "Kingdom Triumphant"

Tickets available on 0113 224 3081
    (not sure how many are left though!)
  2. deezastar

deezastar Member

Thanks for the info. Are you sure this phone number is correct? I got through to a furniture shop in Leeds, they had no tickets available but a sale on redwood coffee tables.
  3. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

Saturday, 13 March 2004
    The Best Of Brass: The Yorkshire Building Society Brass Band
    At Morley Town Hall, Leeds
    From 7:30pm
    Price: £8.00 / £6.00 concessions

Enquiries: 0113 247 4370
  4. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

hmm.. band seem to have had a d'oh and given us the wrong number... :) the one above is from morley town hall's website!
  5. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

I picked my tickets up from Althams travel in Morley they do lots of the selling for the town hall, they had loads left, But we'll be there as always to watch the big lad play euph!!! Glad your playing tristan some of my band went home last week and missed that awesome performance!!!

see you there!
  6. johnflugel

johnflugel Active Member

How was the concert? gutted that I was unable to make it with that repertoire on show.

7. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

They were as awesome as you'd expect. The whole band was unreal but that glock soloist!!!! Taccata in D minor will NEVER sound the same again.

And well played the big lad.
  8. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Glock solo!!!! Glock!!!!!!

you're gonna be 3rd man down if you carry on like that!! That was a xylophone!!!

Glock!!! I ask you?? Glock!

Bloody brass players!
  9. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Ah, you found me then!!
    Only said glock cos at that time last night there was no way on this earth i was gonna attempt to spell xylo-thingy!!! Let's face it, i couldn't even spell toccata!!!
    Sheesh, if Bach were alive today...he'd stink.