Yorks & Humberside BBA Conductor's Course

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by sudcornet, Dec 6, 2009.

1. sudcornet

sudcornet Member

Just felt the need to congratulate the YHBBA (especially Peter Gilbey and Peggy Tomlinson) for the excellent conductor's course held today in the Friendly Band (Sowerby Bridge) bandroom. Richard Evans was a superb tutor, running the course with his customary humour, allowing all those present to benefit from his great ability and vast experience.

Huge thanks to the Friendly Band for putting up with the delegates. Special mention for the catering team who managed to interpret "light lunch" as an excellent full roast dinner!

The course was extremely well thought out, taking into account delegates of all abilities and I'm sure we all came away encouraged and with plenty of food for thought.

Thanks again to all those involved in a first class event. May there be many more!

2. TubaSmartyPants

TubaSmartyPants New Member

I couldn't agree more. An excellent day all round.

We covered topics from planning rehearsals to baton work in the morning, and then took the Friendly Band for a march and a concert piece in the afternoon. Richard was very encouraging and helpful, and his feedback (and that of the band) will be most useful.

I'd recommend this day to anyone who is thinking of conducting, is conducting, or even to someone who just wants to know more about what the role involves.

My thanks to all involved in the organisation, running, and participation of this day. :clap:

DAVID CRISP New Member

What a really super day with Richard Evans. He was informative, funny, yet had time for all of the delegates in helping with all aspects of conducting. Whether it was standing in front of the band or the administrative side of dealing with players and committees, Richard's enthusiasm and knowledge was brilliant.
    Thanks to Peter, Peggy, Friendly Band and super-chef Paul (and helpers).
    David Crisp
    Clifton and Lightcliffe Band
  4. tubadaz

tubadaz Member

I can't really add anything to the above, other than to say that I also found it a most informative and educational day with instruction from a master of the art of conducting! :D

It was a pleasure to attend. Thanks also to Peter, Peggy and The Friendly Band for organising/hosting the day! :clap:

5. bassmittens

bassmittens Member

I really wish i could have gone. I sounded like it would be a really useful day and by all accounts - it seems it was a great sucess. A shame it was on possibly the busiest banding weekend of the year for us otherwise i would have been there.

Any suggestions of similar courses or a re-run of this course in the future??;)