York Railway Institute Brass Club - Trainer Needed

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Yorkie, Sep 15, 2004.

1. Yorkie

Yorkie Member

York Railway Institute Band is in the process of gathering members to join its Brass Club.

The Club meets on Mondays between 6.30pm and 8.00pm and is intended for young people aged nine and upwards who wish to learn to play a brass instrument or who have already begun to play but are still at the beginners stage. The ultimate aim is that learners will become proficient players and will progress either directly to the York R.I Senior Band (1st Section) or to the York R.I Golden Rail Band in its capacity as a further training stage, and then onto the Senior Band.

Because the previous Band Club trainer has moved away from the area for career reasons the York R.I Band Section is looking to appoint a successor. The person appointed will be expected to structure a programme that will train individuals in the fundamentals of brass playing, develop their skills, monitor their progress and incorporate them in ensemble playing.

The post, for which a modest fee may be available, could suit a young person with a musical qualification and some experience in brass band music, possibly a higher degree or post graduate student. The post may also be of interest to someone who is in higher education at undergraduate level studying music or performance who wishes to build their portfolio of practical experience in teaching.

For further information please contact Clive Marshall (York R.I. Chairman) on 01904 781126

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    York Railway Institute Brass Club
    Golden Rail Band
    The Club
    people
    process