York or prestige, Childs isn't sure!

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by tenortuba, Oct 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tenortuba

tenortuba Member

P p p p p p p p imp my York!!

The York besson saga continues!

I was talking with a good friend of mine who is a member of cory band and he told me how mr Childs has disguised his York euphonium as a Besson Prestige. He's now a Besson artist and can't be seen playing his York. He obviously likes it!

This is an interesting twist in the endorse discussion we were having here. It's cirtainly worth a look at his equipment close up, not too difficult to change the valve caps after all.

Thing is, although we know he has now taken the money from besson and his morals were questiond for taking the money and dropping his beloved instrument this is tantamount to fraud. Now he's playing a York disguised as a Besson!!

I'm sure Besson would have something to say about that.

Shocking behaviour.
  2. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

Can you prove any of this? If not ...
  3. Bayerd

Bayerd Active Member

It's not the first time this has happened, when Dyke had an exclusive deal with B & H (whenever that was) the bone section used to put a B & H counterweight on their bone of choice.
  4. tenortuba

tenortuba Member

I can't give you names guys, it will result in a dressing down at best and a sacking at worst.

However the source is genuine, and they have no reason to lie.

Ps. have a quick look in the classifieds here an you may see a york prestige euph for sale by cory member! Even the band are confused about which brand is which!

A possible connection? Hmmm.
  5. John_D

John_D Member

I can remember, some years ago, a well know tenor horn player having a 'top bend' taped onto his sovereign horn and playing with most of the horn inside his jacket so that it looked like the Yamaha he was endorsing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.