York Eminence 4028 Cornet for sale

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Landy, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Landy

Landy New Member

I bought this second-hand, just under 2 years ago, and have used it for playing in my local brass band. I recently bought Roger Webster's custom Besson Prestige so this is now surplus to my requirements and too good to just leave sitting around so I’ve decided to sell it.

I was told that the previous owner had it from new, and given the relatively short lived production of these fabulous instruments, it must now be about 5-6 years old. It is in very good condition, but if you look closely there are a number of small scratches and dings, but nothing major at all. The previous owner got a mouthpiece stuck and pulled the mouthpipe off the brace. This was professionally repaired, but you can see where the brace was re-attached (see picture).

It’s in the original case which is in good condition, with zips and catches working, and complete with the original shoulder strap. It’s also got both sets of valve bottoms (standard and heavyweight).

I’m not including a mouthpiece as I’m assuming anyone thinking of buying this will already have their own personal choice. If however you’re getting this as your first cornet (lucky you!) then I can include a standard “Wick 4b” for an extra £20.

Asking price £1,000

york1.jpg york2.jpg york3.jpg

if you want more info just message me - if you include your phone number I'll give you a call

I'm in Suffolk if you want to come and try it.

2. Landy

Landy New Member

Still for sale, and flexible on price.

If anyone wants to try it I can take it along to Skegness in January.