Yobs cause £40,000 of damage to Local Band

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by nickjones, Feb 17, 2006.

1. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

Just read todays Daily Post Newspaper , the Llanrug band suffered £40,000 worth of damage to percussion , old manuscripts and instruments.
    local villagers noted 50 youths ran amok late on Saturday night and damage was found by Police Patrolling the village.
    What a terrible shame , why someone would attack the band in such a callous way is beyond me.... I hope North Wales Police catch the people responsable for this attack.
  2. Steve

Steve Active Member

Disgraceful news, this and the attack on the Tredegar lads is making it a bad month for the Welsh bands area preparations.
  3. kadsop1

kadsop1 New Member

To all my friends at Llanrug , sorry to hear the news these people should be shot if there is anything I can do to help don't hesitate to ask or call
    regards Kev....
  4. ronnie_the_lizard

ronnie_the_lizard Active Member

Sounds a tad exaggerated to me - are there 50 youths in Llanrug ??

Still, however many there were, that's a lot of damage.

Is the bandroom still intact? I guess in the short term you can manage without old music and borrow percussion instruments but losing a rehearsal venue this close to the area would be disaster. Insured????

Best wishes to all at Llanrug if anyone's on here (I think my first Area contest was the North West area with Llanrug Youth back in ?1985)
  5. LeDragon

LeDragon Active Member

I saw the article in the paper today too - absolutely terrible news. I hope that the police catch the scumbags who've done this.
  6. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

That's appalling! It really defies belief the stupid, destructive idiocy some people will sink to.

All the best to the llanrug band. I hope things get back on track quickly!
  7. Baritonedeaf

Baritonedeaf Member

Terrible stuff! Hope that it all gets sorted in a positive way for the band.
  8. VenusTromster

VenusTromster Member

Thats a shame to hear, I enjoyed my couple of trips there and the amount of beer that was consummed! Hope they catch the lot of them and hope the band get on thier feet asap!
  9. hellraiser

hellraiser Member

There I was a week or so ago looking forward to rehearsal on Sunday only to receive a text saying practice was cancelled because of this abhorrent act of violence to the bandroom. Devastating news. Berwyn (Chairman) has made excellent comments in the C'fon & Denbigh Herald.

really? is that story documented somewhere- link perhaps?
  10. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

That's shocking... what these kids get out of doing such a terrible thing beats me...
    Hope that all gets sorted out as soon as possible and these thoughtless, cruel thugs caught and punished.
  11. Tom-King

Tom-King Well-Known Member

To be perfectly honest, i suspect even if they were caught nothing would happen.
    Police dealings with young people these days seems to be a slap on the wrists and a "dont do that again"...
  12. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Yes, true... but I think it's about time that more was done so that these incidents didn't happen again... you would have thought that the police would have learnt something by now wouldnt you.
  13. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

To be honest in a place like Llanrug both the band and the Police will probably have a good idea of at least some of the culprits, it's proving it that will be the problem unless the 'rug have installed CCTV recently.
  14. Cochyn

Cochyn Member

This REALLY sucks, and these little Chavy mamma's boys will surely pay!

But this won't put a damper on our Area spirits, we're still going to give it our best, even if we do have to borrow any instruments to do it!
  15. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

Very sorry to hear this. Like has been said the culprits can't hide in a small place -lets hope the police actually do something about it! :-?
  16. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Thats very bad for a brass band to suffer this:ranting2:
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2006