Yippee !!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by hopeless, Jan 27, 2013.

1. hopeless

hopeless New Member

After many strange and unwanted problems, John has succeeded in banishing the gremlins and my registration is now complete ! Yippee !

Now for the miserable bit : I have little to offer anyone really, but I am a BB Lover through & Through. Used to play a lowly cnt position and still have the odd blow for my own pleasure, then no one complains.

I come from a real BB area, almost within earshot of some of the finest bands in the land , and specially on Whit Friday.
    I am also very good friends with some of our most famous Players, I listen a lot , learn from it and have the odd moment of inspiration which allows me to say or contribute to a conversation.
    So please , fellow members, don't assume that I am unqualified to express an opinion - simply because I am relatively unknown to the wise contributors.
    I will have thought hard & long before posting, my considered opinion.

Thanks to all you contributors for making my life interesting.
    Happy Banding....

2. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Welcome, sir.

Well thought out contributions are always welcome and well received by all but trolls, but please do your best to shatter the conclusion I have reached lately that all new anonymous posters from North of Watford are here solely as excretia mixers.
  3. hopeless

hopeless New Member

Thank you for your welcome. I certainly intend to avoid where possible, threads I know nothing about , and hopefully avoid joining the group you identify as

"all new anonymous posters from North of Watford are here solely as excretia mixers".

To be frank, no doubt there are others who are similar to me in that they have not reached great heights in the BB world, but why you should castigate the posters specifically North of Watford I have no idea. It seems a little harsh to me , and I will not rise to the bait - if that is your intention.

Suffice to say that historically, the North of Watford category have probably produced a higher percentage of Star Bands than anywhere else ....and many players, not perhaps good enough to break into those bands, have drifted into anonymity ....just like me.

Not many like to admit they are in that category , as in the eyes of some , they are then simply a nobody.. I readily admit my failing, but only as a player . having been very successful in business before my retirement.

It is a pity that for whatever reason, you decide to categorise new anonymous posters, wherever they come from, as "
    excretia mixers". Sad really
  4. FlugelD

FlugelD Member

There are brilliant players, there are good players, and there's the majority.... ;)

Will is showing (perhaps a bit unfairly) the displeasure felt by several members at one or two "new anonymous posters from North of Watford". Since he's (usually) a reasonable enough chap, I'd take the welcome at face value, and the rest as misfiring humour...
  5. Will the Sec

The full quote asks you to shatter my conclusion about that...... thereby proving my opinion to be wrong.

6. hopeless

hopeless New Member

7. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

Chaps, chaps, chaps (Will!!!), this is not the way to welcome a new member to the forum...

Hi hopeless, hope you have a good time here! Don't feel inhibited from posting, just get stuck in.
  8. Sonorous

Sonorous New Member

Hi hopeless, don't let Will's approach put you off. This is mostly my fault I feel. I have been making a bit of a pain of myself on a particular subject and I think Will has been frustrated by this (potentially understandably). I don't think he holds any bad feelings towards you, it's just irritation by association I guess. Will does have a lot of good things to say, and he is a strong contributor. I'm sure you'll get on fine. :)
  9. Will the Sec

Oh, it's never been just about you, Soney old chap, as at least some of your points have validity. The same cannot be said for some anonymous contributors from north of Watford. Anyway, perhaps Hopeless will show that I am wrong in reaching the conclusion I have reached, depressing though it is.
  10. mattthebass

mattthebass Member

Jesus Will, I'm jumping straight in the car and coming down. First thing is remove all sharp objects from the house, then we'll remove ropes including shoe laces and then I'll find you the number for the samaritans!!!

Give Hopeless a chance. Me and MoominDave were only talking the other day about not taking anything too seriously.

Hopeless welcome to tMP. Have fun and don't take old Will too seriously. PS being the majority is great fun, I know my limits to!
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2013