Yet Another Returner !

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Cornet47, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Cornet47

Cornet47 New Member

Hi all !

Looking to return to the brass band world after a few years away..... Also a returner to this forum !

Haven't played much over the past few years, just the odd concert and contest here and there, so now looking to possibly return on a more full time basis.....

Looking forward to meeting some of you and taking part in your discussions about this great movement of ours once again !

2. Tom-King

Tom-King Well-Known Member

Great stuff, hope you enjoy it and all the best going forward :)

3. Cornet47

Cornet47 New Member

Thanks Tom :)

4. Jack E

Jack E Well-Known Member

Welcome back, Cornet47 - and I hope you have a great deal of satisfaction and enjoyment from your playing, as well as making a lot of new friends!

5. Cornet47

Cornet47 New Member

Thanks Jack...... I hope so too !

6. BigJamie

BigJamie New Member

Good on you for getting back into it. Should be relatively easy for you in the UK. I'm returning to playing after a 15 year break. I live in rural New Zealand so finding a band has been a challenge. All the best.

7. Queeg2000

Queeg2000 Active Member

Finding a band is the easy part in the UK. My son played in a youth band, where I had occasional filled in when they had been low on numbers. When the senior band were asking for help over Christmas I volunteered. In the middle of January I had a message thanking me for helping out and would I like to come along to practice. I arrived to be given the paperwork and being told to sign the bottom so my membership could be processed for the next competition.

Jack E and BigJamie like this.
  8. Jack E

Jack E Well-Known Member

"Well", Queeg said, "it seemed like a good idea at the time . . . "
    :D

o_O

As the Tommies used to say; "Never be first, never be last, and never volunteer for anything!"

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice