Yet Another Returner !

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Cornet47, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Cornet47

Cornet47 New Member

Hi all !

Looking to return to the brass band world after a few years away..... Also a returner to this forum !

Haven't played much over the past few years, just the odd concert and contest here and there, so now looking to possibly return on a more full time basis.....

Looking forward to meeting some of you and taking part in your discussions about this great movement of ours once again !

2. Tom-King

Tom-King Well-Known Member

Great stuff, hope you enjoy it and all the best going forward :)

3. Cornet47

Cornet47 New Member

Thanks Tom :)

4. Jack E

Jack E Well-Known Member

Welcome back, Cornet47 - and I hope you have a great deal of satisfaction and enjoyment from your playing, as well as making a lot of new friends!

5. Cornet47

Cornet47 New Member

Thanks Jack...... I hope so too !

6. BigJamie

BigJamie New Member

Good on you for getting back into it. Should be relatively easy for you in the UK. I'm returning to playing after a 15 year break. I live in rural New Zealand so finding a band has been a challenge. All the best.

7. Queeg2000

Queeg2000 Active Member

Finding a band is the easy part in the UK. My son played in a youth band, where I had occasional filled in when they had been low on numbers. When the senior band were asking for help over Christmas I volunteered. In the middle of January I had a message thanking me for helping out and would I like to come along to practice. I arrived to be given the paperwork and being told to sign the bottom so my membership could be processed for the next competition.

BigJamie likes this.