Yet another Chrimbo thread! So...who has put their tree/decs up already?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by scotchgirl, Dec 8, 2008.

1. scotchgirl

scotchgirl Active Member

We usually do by now, however, we are in the midst of redecorating our house (just had an extension built) so I fear that we won't be putting the tree and decs up until about a week before C-day.

We have a huge artificial tree, which we bought the Christmas after Cal turned one, due to the fact that the real tree we HAD bought, well...Callum thought it was delicious lol!

The kids keep asking me when we're gonna have our tree up, although to be fair, they've been asking for about 3 weeks, which is when they saw the first set of Christmas lights in our village lol!
  2. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

We don't put any decorations up, tooo much mither
    baa humbug
  3. StellaJohnson

since writing, this evening my fello bass player (who i live with) bought a nice fibreoptic tree, christmas lights over the fireplace and some tinsel, it looks very christmassy!!!
  4. leisa

leisa Active Member

I think we are putting ours up next weekend, its too early now...I did buy some sparkly twiggy things to put in a vase though they look sort of xmassy and we have one lonesome xmas card up (thanks supercat and chavsworth!) thats it for our xmassyness
  5. dyl

dyl Active Member

What's a 'village lol'? ;)

We put ours up last Tuesday - which was a bit earlier than normal because with my wife going into hospital on Friday for surgery, we've had to try and fit in between band jobs and the kids' school concerts etc. in the first few days of December.
  6. Did ours on the weekend.

Can't wait to see the cost for the electricty bill!?!?!?!?!?!:icon_confused:

4 trees with lights inside (living room, dining room and one in each of the kids bedrooms) and lights up outside!!!
  7. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

I have put up a little christmas tree with some 98p lights from Asda and it looks beauifully tacky! It went up on the 1st of december so I had somewhere to put the presents I have bought and wrapped so far.

I'm not at home for christmas so didn't see the point of going over-mad on decorations.
  8. SuperCat

SuperCat Member

You big loser! Only one card?!?!

I've bought some battery powered lights (daren't use Council leccy!!) for on top of my monitor instead of the ubiquitous tinsel and we have a real tree from one of our nurseries all dec'd up downstairs. Apparently we have loads mor dec's here but no one can be bothered to put them up, we're all far too busy obviously!
  9. leisa

leisa Active Member

Scuuuuuuuse me Chavlow, youa re the sad one for giving them out so early!!!!! geek! And how many cards do you have? Ill be wiping you off my xmas list if there is any more cheek!
  10. LeDragon

LeDragon Active Member

We put ours up on the 1st Dec - lots of lights etc. for our son's first Christmas.
  11. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

Christmas tree went up today - Bah Humbug!
  12. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

As my wife is currently recovering from a double bypass, I did suggest we didn't bother with a tree this year, but I've been outvoted :eek:

This means I'll be up in the loft on Saturday getting all the bits and pieces down - at least it will give us somewhere to put the prezzies ;)
  13. StellaJohnson

And a bit of piece and quiet for sure!!
  14. SuperCat

SuperCat Member

Early Chavallieu? It was 7th December not November and I only did it so we didn't have to see you again before Christmas! lol

We have loads of cards of course, about 4 or 5 I think! so show some respek girlfriend!

Ps does that mean I'm off your list then?!
  15. winterman

winterman Member

I might think about putting mine up after my birthday.. but not before! Apart from never being at home much it's just depressing being reminded that you nearly always have a flaming Christmas concert on your birthday :(
  16. horn1

horn1 Member

My tree has gone up today :) so pretty and sparkly!
  17. emziesonic

emziesonic Member

Xmas is cancelled at my house :(
  18. leisa

leisa Active Member

YES!! I get enough chav speak at work without you as well chavlow!
  19. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Will be glad to see the back of Christmas, come to think of it the back of 2008 as well
  20. leisa

leisa Active Member

oh what a ray of sunshine