Yeovil Entertainment Contest 2008

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Horco, Sep 27, 2007.

1. Horco

Horco Member

Saturday 2nd February 2008

Tickets are avaliable on 1st October 2007. Either from Chris on 01935 474275 or contact us via our website www.yeoviltownband.co.uk

The dead line for the return of the pre-Invitations is this Sunday and any spare place will be filled on a first come basis we already have 3 bands on stand by and only 15 places avaliable - If you think your coming but are not listed below you better check.

Aveley & Newham
    The Bedwas, Trethomas & Machen Band
    Bournemouth Concert Brass
    Friary Guildford
    Jaguar (Coventry)
    Mount Charles
    Polysteel
    SWT Woodfalls
    Tredegar Town Band
    Parc & Dare

Thanks

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    M.Garasi
    Funnicilli Funnicilla
    Yeovil Entertainment Contest 2008 Camborne
    M.Garasi Donegal Bay
    Rolling thunder
  3. Horco

Horco Member

Yeovil Entertainment Contest Update

Here are the entrants for the 2008 Contest.

Aldbourne
    The Bedwas, Trethomas & Machen Band
    Bournemouth Concert Brass
    Camborne Town Band
    Hyde
    Friary Guildford
    Mount Charles
    Parc & Dare
    Polysteel
    SWT Woodfalls
    Sovereign Brass
    Tredegar Town Band
    Jaguar (Coventry)
    Zone One Brass

Full details on www.yeoviltownband.co.uk

4. jim

jim Member

Looks like a good line up, always a good contest this whos the ajudicator?

5. JimboFB

JimboFB Active Member

Not sure who the adjudicator is this year, not even sure what we're playing yet!!! :confused:

It will be interesting to see if any bands take 4bars rest thinking and try something "different" and if they do, how will the reaction be to it from both the crowd and adjudicator.

From memory this contest is usually "closed adjudication" so maybe not worth the risk of anything too visualy spectacular?

As a side issue i hope the pubs have plenty of ale in as the day of the contest coincides with England vs Wales in the 6 nations. Plenty of welsh bands there as well so should be a cracking atmosphere in the pub down the road (as per usual every year)! :clap:

6. Delbert

Delbert Member

I think the judge is David Hirst, although I could be wrong!!

Let's hope the Cooper Mill has plenty of staff on next year, they don't normally!!!!

Happy Christmas all......

7. Horco

Horco Member

Yeovil Entertainment Contest

To confirm.
    David Hirst is the adjudicator, and this year will be as usual a closed adjudication contest.

8. Di

Di Active Member

Now added to Prediction Central. :)

9. Horco

Horco Member

Hi Derek, Its ok I have spoken to the Cooper Mill and they have assured me that they will put extra staff on for the day.

They also mentioned that to help them and to help you get your drinks quickly you can pre book - call 01935 471640 just metion the Yeovil Contest and they should take advanced orders by phone.

As all bands now know the draw and the timings they are working too then to pre order your drinks should be easy.[​IMG]

All the best for the contest

10. Delbert

Delbert Member

Cheers Paul,

I'll get the order in for 60 pints of ales then!!!!

I see that you have issued everyone with the draw now, but the judge is still closed????

Seems like quite a risky strategy?

11. Masterblaster jnr

Masterblaster jnr Active Member

can i ask what The Octagon is like as a venue having never been. The NYBBGB are doing a concert there in march and i was wondering how it is accoustically?

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    M.Garasi
    Funnicilli Funnicilla
    Yeovil Entertainment Contest 2008 Camborne
    M.Garasi Donegal Bay
    Rolling thunder
  13. weenie

weenie Member

If my memory serves me correctly, it's a nice acoustic but rather dry!

14. Masterblaster jnr

Masterblaster jnr Active Member

oh, OK cheers

15. iggmeister

iggmeister Member

Does a dry acoustic make much difference to a percussionist?

I agree though, better than the Riviera Centre at Torquay but not in a way that makes you want to rave about it.

Igg

16. jim

jim Member

If I rember the audiance always feel very close one of our perc mates sat in the front row last year was like he was on the stage. Cos the audiance is so close the atmosphere is superb.

17. JimboFB

JimboFB Active Member

Too right mate, If its packed out it will be great. The stage is huge as well so you can never be too cramped on it.

That said the back stage area is underneath, and not designed for brass band contests with bands going in and out all day!

18. Horco

Horco Member

Quick update.

Tickets are selling fast and we only have a few remaining.

If you want or have not got your tickets yet please ring Chris on 01935 474275 or email tickets@yeoviltownband.co.uk

Many thanks

19. Lawrencediana

Lawrencediana Member

It is a bit tight in the dressing areas but the Yeovil Town team do a fantastic job and it is always superbly run.:clap:

20. JimboFB

JimboFB Active Member

Couldn't agree more :tup

One of the best run contests around and a great day out for the bands and audience!

21. hicks

hicks Member

What is the predicted result for Yeovil then?

22. Di

Di Active Member

There is not a "tMP Prediction" as such. Predictions are made by our members, who score points for each correctly placed prediction or "placed" but not in correct order. See here for details and click on the "tMP Predictions" tab at the top of the page to have a go. :)