Yeovil Contest

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by ploughboy, Jan 25, 2007.

1. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Hi guys,

I'll be down that way for the contest this year and would really like to go, but the missus has tried to get tickets and they're sold out, apart from the ones bands haven't returned! There is a list ahead of us for returned tickets.

So, I thought someone in the tMP family might have a couple they could sell me! Anyone out there able to help??

Thanks in Advance

Garry

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Sopmaestro
    Hunt
    Yeovil Contest
    Tie-kovsky
  3. Di

Di Active Member

Sold out! :eek: I've not been warned we need to buy tickets in advance. Looks like there could be two parents stood out on the pavement! :eek:

4. NeilW

NeilW Member

Pavement ... bar .... pavement ... bar ...

tough choice!

Maybe my wife won't be coming - I didn't know you had to buy tickets in advance either!

See you both there, perhaps...

Neil.

5. Di

Di Active Member

I'd take the pavement any time. There'd be people .... drinking ... in the bar. :eek:;)

6. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

OK, so failing the purchase of said tickets, the missus is driving ;-) and I'll see you both on the pavement !!

7. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

That was never part of the agreement and you know it!

Yeovil's always been a sell out, only this time i want to go and i've had my name down for weeks! Grrrr! said parents and wive's can indeed keep you company on the pavement but i'm determined to get in that hall!

8. jim

jim Member

Well Mrs Reynolds we shall have to get you sighned up on the 4 day rule so you can play the triangle it will be the only spare seet in the house!!

9. sugarandspice

Just as well i wasnt relying on a man to sort out tickets. Never fear, we have tickets sorted out!

For those said parents- the ladys phone number is 01935 474275 if you want to have a go at getting some- i dont know her name tho, just have her saved in my phone as "yeovil"!

10. steve_r

steve_r Member

I would like to point out that I actually played "principal triangle" for Adams band at the last Area so you should sign up an experienced player and leave "her indoors" on the pavement yakking!

Steve

(Ex principal triangle Hathern B band)

PS Its amazing how powerfully a triangle rings out when you hit it at the wrong time! I never realised till we were half way through the contest performance :sup

11. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

You didn't hit it at the wrong time.. you just never hit it!!

Conductor gave you a bar into the traingle solo.. and NOTHING happened! I could have actually WET MYSELF LAUGHING! How can you screw up a triangle solo?! :clap:

Lol! Thats my daddy ;)

in your words dad "the audience wouldn't notice, it's only a little blip" ... "You c***ed up!" :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jan 25, 2007
  12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Sopmaestro
    Hunt
    Yeovil Contest
    Tie-kovsky
  13. steve_r

steve_r Member

OK...... and you need a lift to PolySteel tomorrow?????

I'll think about it........

I thought.......

Tuff!

14. sugarandspice

15. Mr_Euniverse

Mr_Euniverse Member

It's all quiet on the Yeovil contest front.
    Is the contest still going ahead or is it still quite soon!!!??

16. sugarandspice

Next weekend! :)

17. jim

jim Member

Yeh one week away. Our final bit of music was handed out tonight for it!!

theres my weekend gone!!

18. TopTrump

TopTrump Member

Results?

Yeovil could be an interesting one this year. You've got some bands who seem to be quite happy to go through the motions, some who are treating it like the World Championships and having sectionals and band every day for a week and at least one withdrawal of note! So come on all you tMPers - let's have some predictions!!:rolleyes:

19. postie

postie Member

Interesting which band has withdrawn?

20. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

And mine!!!!! Lol! :rolleyes:

Does anyone know the list of bands?

21. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

The ones I know about are
    Aldbourne
    Aveley
    Bournemouth
    BTM
    Cambourne
    Cwmaman
    Friary (looks like we're the underdogs.... never mind!;) )
    Kidlington
    Parc & Dare
    Polysteel
    Sovereign
    St Austell
    Woodfalls.

Who's withdrawn then?!

fwiw about tickets - all the competing bands were allocated a maximum of 10, to be booked by 25th Jan. since then some more have been available - one of our guys contacted Chris Buckland direct and managed to reserve a couple, so it may still be worth a try!

22. Watch your backs the Southern Counties bands are about!!! lol Go Polysteel though, make it a winnin start to 2007! With Aveley in 2nd :p