Year To Remember.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by nook1938, Aug 15, 2007.

1. nook1938

nook1938 Supporting Member

1953 is the year that is a milestone of events, the ones that I remember most are:

1/ Coronation of Queen Elizabeth 11.

2/ Sir Edmund Hillary and Sherpa Tenzing Norgay, on the first ascent of Mount Everest.

3/ The year that I left School. The School Motto was " Learn or Leave " but they would not let me leave any sooner.

What year sticks out for you.
  2. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

1953 was also the year of the great flood that claimed many lives all around the East coast.
  3. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

Three months off before my A-levels, glorious summer, Oasis, Shearer, Sheringham, few quid in my pocket from my first saturday job.

Best summer ever. Life's never been so good since.
  4. dyl

dyl Active Member

2000 - the year my son, Deian, was born

2003 - the year my daughter, Erin, was born.
  5. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

Grease (Olivia Newton-John and those leggings), Linda Lees and I started at grammer school
  6. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

Won Yorkshire Champ Area.
    Won British Open.
    Played at RAH.
    Met my future wife (Now 35 years married)
    Formed professional Showband that was my full time occupation until 2002 when I took early retirement. (32 years)
    Had many wonderful years both before and since 1970 - very lucky !!
    - Wilkie
    PS - Mustn't forget 1989 when I joined Kippax Band !!!
  7. Mrs Womble

Mrs Womble Member

8. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Any year beween 1969 and 1989. Still had my mum around. :frown:

Also 1996, 1997, 2000 and 2005, Callum, Meghann, Ethan and Annabelle were born. Including my partners son Will, they're all little rays of sunshine that keep me rooted firmly to the floor.
  9. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

Good music, good friends, a great summer before starting the big Uni adventure.

Married Beaker. Don't have to say more than that!

Rach x
  10. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

2000 - I was 18, I finished my A Levels and moved 200 miles away to start university.

It was also the first year I picked up a cornet for the first time - now that HAS been life changing!!!