Yay for Italy

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by axio, Jul 9, 2006.

1. axio

axio Member

What about that penalty kicking... and after hearing the commentators go on and on and on about how the Italians will do anything to avoid penalty kicks.

Great game (apart from that one incident in extra time...)... well done Italy.
  2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Yes indeed, they certainly matched Germany in the penalty kicking dept. Would have preferred France to win, but after seeing ZZ's shameful exit from a glittering career, wasn't so sure.
  3. Andy Moore

Andy Moore Member

Exactly what I would say. It was all set up for the "perfect" end to his career, but now I'm sure it will haunt him for the rest of his life.
  4. th2_custard

th2_custard New Member

i think it is fab. i was supporting italy all the way through so i am soooooooo happy that they won. they deserved it. they kinda dragged out the celebrations though
  5. TheMusicMan

And WOW - to think the last time Wales played Italy, Wales won 2-1... hmmmmmm
  6. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

hmmmmmm indeed... maybe we should get Wales to play Italy?! I wanted Italy to win :D I'm part Italian and proud of it. Am also proud to say that Pete (SuperMosh) is English! No Italian blood in him (I don't think) so HAH Pete I can beat you!
  7. TheMusicMan

Not sure what you mean by 'hhmmmmmm indeed'. I can assure you it is a fact. The last time Wales played Italy, was several years ago at the superb Millenium Stadium, and Wales most certainly won 2-1.

They may be far off anything close to World Cup status... but they DID beat them.

I am not part Welsh... I am 100% Welsh - and proud of it!!
  8. jingleram

jingleram Active Member

Maybe flutey is just concurring with your own 'hmmm'...?!
  9. TheMusicMan

oops, I guess she was ~ my apologies. We did stil win though... heheheheh
  10. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

Yes, you would be correct! No worrieds though TheMusicMan, and Jingleram I notice you're from Croydon... me too! (I'm sure you managed to work that out seeing as I say I live in 'chavland')
  11. ronnie_the_lizard

ronnie_the_lizard Active Member

I wouldn't push this too much or someone'll start mentioning 1966 etc.....

I can also remember in June 1991 Wales beat the reigning (1990) World Cup holders, West Germany, in an European Cup qualifier (though it didn't get reported that night on the 'British' TV news because England played the same night and lost - which is obviously a much more important news item).