Yamaha YEB-321 Eb Tuba For Sale

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by keyval8, Feb 21, 2010.

1. keyval8

keyval8 New Member

This tuba has been used by my son to Grade 8 standard and beyond. It has a few knocks in it and some usual lacquer wear/scratching on the bottom (cosmetic only), but it has a rich, full tone and plays beautifully. Valves are in good condition and all slides work well apart from the second slide which sticks slightly. It comes complete with a Yamaha hard case which is in almost perfect condition, as well as a made to measure padded Altieri gig bag, with a front zipped pouch for storage of music and accessories, also in excellent condition.

Description:

• 4 top-action valves
    • 368mm diameter bell
    • 17.5-18.5mm bore
    • Brass Body
    • Lacquer Finish
    The serial number of the instrument is 100968.
    [FONT=&quot]

From a web page, I found the following review of the Yamaha YEB-321:

“The Yamaha YEB-321 Eb tuba features a full rich tone with accurate intonation and the ability to either blend with the ensemble or project a solo piece. The long lasting and durable construction contains a high degree of hand craftsmanship – they offer an easy playability to enhance the sound of anyone from a beginner to advanced players.”

[/FONT]The retail price for this instrument new is between £3500-£3995. I'm looking to sell the tuba for £1450 inclusive of both the hard case and gig bag.

Further Info/Pictures on request.

Val (keyval8@btinternet.com)

Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
  2. Bobartles

Bobartles New Member

Hm. Is this still for sale? I'm interested in buying an Eb tuba.

Just one question- is this a student tuba, ie. three-quarter size?