Yamaha Silent Brass SB-29 Euphonium

Discussion in 'theMouthPiece.com User Reviews' started by Mister 4x4, Jan 8, 2006.

1. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Those instrument stands are quite smart, too.

2. Baritonedeaf

Baritonedeaf Member

3. Baritonedeaf

Baritonedeaf Member

4. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Thanks, not seen those before. Is the bell protected or does the horn just dangle from the top hook?

5. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

You don't need to answer that. I now own one. :D Just passed my nearest music shop, after dropping my wife off at the station and low and behold, they had one; which now belongs to me. :D

6. Baritonedeaf

Baritonedeaf Member

That hook is for the mouth pipe - so they sort of sit at an angle - well thats how i have always done it anyway!

Nice purchase :)

7. Baritonedeaf

Baritonedeaf Member

Have a look at my Baritone Stand and the position of how to put it on for Rapier...

Its great!

Attached Files:

8. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

I see. The lead pipe on a Tenor Horn is not as big, so it fits the stand better if I have the instrument the same way as yours , but move it upright and then hook the centre pipe (the thick tube behind the valves as in your picture) over the hook support.

9. Mister 4x4

Mister 4x4 Member

I believe I like that stand better than mine. There's a brace that tends to get hooked on Nacho that El Cheapo didn't have.

10. Baritonedeaf

Baritonedeaf Member

Hmm - do you have a sovereign? Have always worried about scratching/denting the valve block if i didi that - i think that if you had a Bari like Mr 4x4 then you would put it vertical with the top pipe in the hook (how i believe it was designed) but that is how i alwya do it anyway...
    You can pick it up qucikly and easily without risk of damage to the instrument.

11. My baritone are also a Besson Sovereign.. (4-valves)
    I bought a silent brass system for trombone andBass trombone, that works!!

12. Baritonedeaf

Baritonedeaf Member

Nice one - do you have the model number please?

13. Of the silent brass system? its SB5-9
    and the mute has got the number PM5

14. Baritonedeaf

Baritonedeaf Member