Yamaha Neo Tenor Horn possibly for sale.

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Rapier, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Just a tentative enquiry (as I have a Summer School paid for, on T/horn, to attend before selling).

I have decided to leave brass banding (as there are too few where I live) and move onto trumpet in a Concert Band.

So, is here or Ebay the best option?

It was the first sold in the UK, a few months back, is unmarked, as new, in silver plate.

Oh, and what sort of price should I ask??

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Tenor Horn
    Yamaha
    Neo
    enquiry
    brass banding
  3. subtlevib

subtlevib Member

Can I suggest you sell it for £50, to me?

4. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Ummm... Let me think about that for a sec NO! :cool:

5. subtlevib

subtlevib Member

Hehe!! Woth a try, Rapier! Lol

6. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

£2000. Collection from Somerset, (or nearish), only. Not willing to risk it in the post.

7. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

The hard case is unused. The instrument is 'as new' totally unmarked and in pristine condition.

8. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

It comes with the original Yamaha mouthpiece and a Heritage 1. Both unused. This was the first Neo sold in the UK (possibly the world according to Yamaha).

9. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

As this item is now properly for sale I've moved the thread to Classifieds.

Rapier - do you know if you stick it on ebay and link the auction back to here we can get a cut of the final selling price for no extra cost to you or your buyer? Just a thought...:)

10. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Thanks Ian, yes I'm aware of the Ebay perk and will go down that route if I get no interest.

Forgot to say the sale includes a K&M Tenor Horn stand.

(would consider a swap for a good quality trumpet, Eclipse or Taylor level).

11. Rapier, sorry you packing up to go concert band. Always a pleasure to play in band with you sign of times when not many bands around or too few players.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Tenor Horn
    Yamaha
    Neo
    enquiry
    brass banding
  13. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Thanks for that TBB. But I need to play at a reasonable level and that means crossing to the Dark Side. I mean, they even have french horns!!

So to condense the thread.

1 'as new' Yamaha Neo Tenor horn, in unused case.
    2 mouthpieces (Yamaha and Heritage 1 unused)
    1 K&M Tenor Horn Stand.

£2000 or near offer. (Willing to swap for good quality trumpet).

collection only, from near Minehead, Somerset, but will travel 60ish miles to meet up.

14. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

15. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Relisted, starting at £1900. (this sale includes unused Yamaha m/piece, a Heritage (size 1) (tried for around 20 minutes ony). (costing around £50+) and a K&M Stand ( costing around £70+).

May consider carriage, which is around £18. (but wouldn't try to pack the K&M Horn Stand with the Tenor Horn)

Really is a great instrument and certainly the best I've tried (and I have tried pretty much every horn made).

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160622372330&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

16. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

I have withdrawn this from sale. I'd rather keep it, than sell at a 'give away' price.

(No bids at £1900 for an instrument that costs £2583 plus £120 of extras.)

At least I'll be able to play it at IBBSS at the end of the month. And go back to my 'new' Taylor Trumpet when I get back.

17. Andrew Norman

Andrew Norman Member

How do we do this ??

18. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

I'm so glad you asked ;) - there's a 'how to' guide here.