Yamaha Announce Canadian Brass 2005 Tour Dates

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by TheMusicMan, Jun 14, 2005.

1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Press release
    DATE: JUNE 14 2005

Canadian Brass, the world’s leading and most popular Brass ensemble have announced plans for five concerts and a series of master classes to be held throughout the UK in November.

The Quintet, formed in 1970 in Toronto have put brass music on the popular music map and achieved pioneer status throughout the world. They are widely credited with popularising brass repertoire through their unique style, which features virtuosic musicianship and masterful interpretations matched with lively audience dialogue and theatrical effects

The group shatter preconceptions about brass bands and will perform an eclectic mix of Classical and baroque music. They are especially drawn to the works of JS Bach and have produced more than 60 recordings to date whilst continuing to take daring leaps into jazz, contemporary and popular songs.

Their creative approach, and breathtaking skill has resulted in vast new audiences for the genre and make the group one of the most sought after groups in the music business. In the US More recently they have appeared on The Tonight Show, Today and have appeared as guest artist with John Williams and The Boston Pops.

Canadian Brass will entertain and enthral this November at
    The Music Live Exhibition, Birmingham NEC on November 6
    St John’s Smith Square London November 7

Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama, Glasgow November 8
    Bridgewater Hall Manchester November 9
    Cardiff Cathedral November 10

The master class schedule is

November 7 Royal College of Music ,London

November 8 Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama, Glasgow

November 9 Royal Northern College of Music , Manchester

November 10 Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama
  2. Bariman

Bariman Member

Tickets for St John's Smith Square are already available; I got mine last week. £15 a time (10% discount for 10 or more I think)
  3. PPP

PPP Member

Do you know if there are tickets available for Cardiff?:)

4. Bariman

Bariman Member

Absolutely no idea :)

Perhaps Cantonian can shed some light on the ticketing arrangements.