Yamaha 681Bousfield Trombone

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Vegasbound, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Vegasbound

Vegasbound Active Member

I bought this 3 months ago as new but old stock via a friend in the USA from a dealership liquidation sale, it is in as new condition I have decided to retire from slide playing and return to tuba, these bones are much sought after as they are now out of producation but where designed by Ian Bousfield during his time with the LSO.

It has the narrower Conn style slide, and the heavier gold brass bell eliminates the distortion you get at loud playing levels with conn a great yamaha slide makes it a dream to play.

I am selling to help fund my new tuba... £950 shipped

Here is what yamaha said about them!

Inner slide
    The chrome-plated nickel-silver drawn inner slide is very durable and has a quick, sensitive response.

Outer slide
    The one-piece, drawn, yellow brass outer slide maintains an accurate diameter throughout its length, and this type of construction ensures airtightness, smooth action, exceptional durability, and offers improved response.

Inner slide stockings
    Specially designed, one-piece inner slide stockings guarantee airtight slide construction, and offer smoother slide action and better alignment, even in the extended 6th and 7th positions.

Tubular braces
    Long-lasting nickel-silver tubular braces contribute to the stability of the slide and enhance smooth slide action.

Hand-hammered one-piece bell
    A one-piece bell has an axial (lengthwise) seam, making it a continuous extension of the instrument's material. This results in pure, uniform resonance and superior tone. A hammered gold brass bell produces a slightly more broad and rich, yet perfectly-balanced tone with quick response and extra presence due to advanced manufacturing techniques.

Hand-lapped tuning slide
    Hand-lapping slides ensures an absolutely perfect fit and seal between the slide parts. Such a perfect fit helps to achieve smooth air flow and smooth action and improve the response and intonation of the instrument.

Pressure-formed tubing
    Perfectly rounded tubing results in less turbulence and a smoother air flow, thus allowing for an excellent scale and reduced resistance.

Laser-fused pluzuma welded bell
    A high-energy laser fuses the brass together for a virtually seamless bell which allows continuous even vibrations.

Slide lock
    The unique slide lock design on all Yamaha trombones keeps the slide locked in place and keeps it from accidentally falling.

The large, easy-to-hold, nickel-silver bracing guards against possible slide damage if the instrument is dropped and also lessens fatigue while playing.

Heavy gauge metal
    The specially processed heavy gauge metal produces a big sound with a flexible response.

Bell taper
    The YSL-681B has a continuous taper bell section that improves intonation with even resistance in all registers.