Yamaha 51L Specs

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by gcbtrom, Nov 5, 2009.

1. gcbtrom

gcbtrom Member

Using a Yamaha 51L Mouthpiece that came with dads Maestro Euph, I'm wondering if anyone has any specs on it?

I've found a few Yam 51's but not in the 51L format...

Thank you
  2. 007ish

007ish Member

3. mclaugh

mclaugh Member

Yamaha uses the "L" suffix to identify a model as large shank, i.e., 51 = small shank, 51L = large shank.

Interesting that your dad's Maestro came with a 51: in the US, Canada, and Japan, they ship with a 53L, which is quite a bit larger than the 51L (25.91 dia/7.11 throat vs 25.23 dia/6.92 throat).
  4. gcbtrom

gcbtrom Member

He got the Maestro a good 3/4 years ago as it was the same time I got my Xeno trombone, which came with a 48 and IMHO was rubbish for the bone. So don't know if theyve recently changed

Looking to get a stainless steel or Wick equivelent because the end of the shank is quite flat and square and doesnt really sit flush with the leadpipe (if you get me)
  5. gcbtrom

gcbtrom Member

Ok, I'm now after a 51D Largebore mouthpiece. I love my Kelly 51D but want something in brass.

Been on most of the UK's music shop sites but can only find a 51 in small bore. I am specifically after a 51D Large Bore.

Cn anyone help?
  6. mclaugh

mclaugh Member