Yamaha 321 Bass Trombone

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by bobbyp, Sep 12, 2010.

1. bobbyp

bobbyp Member

Now i have finally bought a Sovereign dual-trigger, I have my Yamaha 321 Bass Trombone for sale. It is in good condition, the downsides being just laquer wear at the bottom bow of the slide (lots of little scratches), and a trigger problem in that you have to press it really hard for trigger notes to sound good - It seems that the actual trigger itself is too far to the right, and you have to push it past the screw it hits for the trigger to align properly inside the rotor, otherwise it sounds airey. I have always pushed really hard and this has suited me fine as i became used to it, but someone else may want to look at this. I am not sure how much this is worth, but ive seen one on preloved.co.uk advertised for £700, so i am going to ask for £550 (+postage) due to the trigger, but i am also open to any offers :)

2. bobbyp

bobbyp Member

3. bobbyp

bobbyp Member

any offers?

4. bobbyp

bobbyp Member

Turns out there is nothing wrong with the trigger and its just my inexperience being a tuba player that has allowed to think there was! The problem was that the guy who serviced it last had restringed it wrong, but after been shown how to do it i have now done it myself with much success!

BUMP

5. Robhibberd29

Robhibberd29 Active Member

Good luck with the sovereign...I personally preferred the yammy to the sov. Didn't like it at all!

6. bobbyp

bobbyp Member

Funny thing is i havent had the sovereign out yet! In the process of buying a double trigger yammy instead which i loved when i tried it, but i didnt intend to go out and buy it! So the Sov may have to go to pay for it...

7. Robhibberd29

Robhibberd29 Active Member

Sounds like a plan he he ;-)

8. bobbyp

bobbyp Member

9. bobbyp

bobbyp Member

sovereign sold in less than an hour!

10. bobbyp

bobbyp Member

yamaha 321 550 including shipping?

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    321 Bass Trombone
    Sovereign
    Yamaha
    actual trigger
    trigger problem
  12. bobbyp

bobbyp Member

13. bobbyp

bobbyp Member

14. bobbyp

bobbyp Member

offers?

15. bobbyp

bobbyp Member

trades considered also?

16. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

Am looking to sell my Conn 62HCL - see here. Not got around to sticking it on eBay yet.

I'd be looking for something like £1900 plus the Yamaha 321 in trade. Or... Make me an offer...

17. bobbyp

bobbyp Member

Well i currently a double trigger yammy, and borrowing a conn 73H, cant see the need for another sorry!

bump!

18. bobbyp

bobbyp Member

anyone? offers?

19. bobbyp

bobbyp Member

still for sale...

20. bobbyp

bobbyp Member

bump!