YABB Easter tour, Luxembourg 2008

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by BbBill, Feb 10, 2008.

1. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

The Young Ambassadors Brass Band of Great Britain urgently requires a 1st class Soprano cornet player and EEb Bass player for their forthcoming tour to Luxembourg, during the Easter weekend ( 22nd-25th March 2008 )

The bus leaves from Oxford 1:30am on Saturday morning (22nd) to Luxembourg, where we play 5 concerts over the holiday weekend, and return back into Oxford on Tuesday evening (25th) at 5pm. The cost of the trip is £60.

Please contact Frank Wolff on 01865 326271 as soon as possible for more details, if he's not in, please leave a message on his answering machine!! (He's quite adamant about that!!!!)

As many past members will recommend, this is a great weekend away!

Cheers :tup
    Willie

2. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

I can highly recomend getting away with YABB. Great trip!

3. i too can recommend doing a tour with this great organisation, frank wolff is a legend, i have only just sobered up after my last trip..........in the mid 90"s!!!!:eek: you will have a blast!

4. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

Also possibly required, a Solo Cornet and a Kit Player.

5. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

RE: Solo Cornet position

The space for a solo cornet is possible as we mite have a cornet player that may do Sop if required to as a last resort, but it would be more ideal in getting a Soprano player 1st!

But phone Frank to find out what he says!

6. Railybobs

Railybobs Member

Whats your age limit?

7. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

Roughly 18-35!!

EEb Bass and Kit player are still required!!

8. Railybobs

Railybobs Member

so a 28 Kit player may be of help?

9. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

Well Im nearly 30, (and not sure if Ive been much help!) but this is my 4th easter trip and Ive done 2 USA/Canada tours and its all been well worth it!!

Get on the blower to Frank if your interested in going, he should be in at the moment I think! Theres plenty of old threads on here about previous trips, plenty of laughs and even more drink!

10. pb1206

pb1206 New Member

Does anyone know what is happening about the kit player situation?!?! I spoke to Frank a couple of weeks ago regarding it, saying I would come along on the trip and play. Is Frank planning on taking two kit players?!?!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    tour
    Frank Wolff
    FONT=Tahoma)The
    YABB Easter
    Luxembourg 2008
  12. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

Hi, was just speaking to Frank, sorry my fault its an additonal percussion/tuned player to help out!

Update: Needing another solo cornet player and a 2nd horn player as a couple of folk have unfortunatly pulled out.

13. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

Horn seat gone, I just booked the legendary Richard Rock!!

14. Simon_Horn

Simon_Horn Member

Bring on Hattrick??? :)