YABB easter tour 2004

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by dave, Apr 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dave

dave Member

Just returned from he latest YABB tour.
    I just love going on these tours this is my 7th?
    The band is top class, the people are so friendly, the beer is good - "Bofferding!" so is the whisky - way hey!
    I enjoy the sum of all of the parts. Frank Wolff is an excellent tour manager. If ever you get the chance to go - do it!
    What an experience.
    Dave

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    YABB
    Frank Wolff
    Bofferding
    Dave
    people
  3. asteria

asteria Member

Couldn't agree more Dave! It's a fantastic bunch of people and very well organised (mostly...), and it wouldn't be the same without our dear conductor frank! :D

I think that was tour number 73, frank must have put in a lot of time and effort over the years, i'd be curious to know how many people have passed through the yabb ranks!

There must be loads of people on here who've been before - anyone got any favourite memories?

4. Dawnys_flug

Dawnys_flug Member

Sorry if i'm having a dumb moment but what is the YABB?

5. asteria

asteria Member

Sorry, should have explained, cos i can't be bothered typing it again i'll copy this from the other yabb thread in 'random' -

For the uninitiated YABB is the Young Ambassadors Brass Band. It's a bunch of quality (?!) players from round the country who meet 2 or 3 times a year to do a tour, usually to europe or USA/canada.

Think Mr Walker had it perfectly described as “player for player the best scratch band in the world, playing like a load of Grade A tards” (edited version!). Basically lots of playing, drinking, more drinking and a hell of a lot of laughing! Oh, and more drinking!! :guiness

6. Dawnys_flug

Dawnys_flug Member

Cool!! Thanks for clearing that up Helen! :D

7. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.