xmas pressies and good xmas?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by leisa, Jan 5, 2007.

1. leisa

leisa Active Member

So what did everyone get? hehe anyone get any horrific stuff or anything really really lovely?? and did everyone have a nice day?

I got taken to Rome on boxing day which was lovely...for 4 days! also got the general amount of smellies, money, clothes etc etc...didnt get any granny jumpers or anything lol! also everyone seemed to like what i got tham.

Had a brill day as well with my family and boyfriend and alcohol... :-D
  2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Glad you had a great time Leisa. Great to see you on here.
  3. i got loads of really cool stuff, but the best has to be my electric guitar and baby amp. the neighbours really love me.... lol Had a cool day too also with alcohol :)
  4. tenor_horn_18

tenor_horn_18 New Member

sounds like everyone had a great christmas. i got loads of great stuff and just had a bit of a rest from uni work. i had a fantastic christmas and new year but now ive got loads of essays to write. Oh well neva mind :)
  5. Sopha

Sopha Active Member

Very glad you had a terrific xmas! i certainly did as i got a brand new laptop!! :biggrin: .. new desk, loads of smellies like you, new leather desk chair, 2 DS games, loads of money, clothes and lots of little bits hope everyone else had a fantastic xmas .. and Happy New Year!!
    Sopha xx
  6. SuperCat

SuperCat Member

I got a prestige euph and loads of other really nice stuff that I actually wanted. No hideous granny jumpers or underwear to report thank goodness! Loads of smellies this time too! hope it was a hint!!!!
  7. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

I got a juicer. Am now going to become unfeasibly healthy. Some utter swine bought LittleBabyBadger one of those Kung-Fu Hamsters and the house echoes to "Everybody Was Kung-Fu Fighting". I may have to tread on it.
  8. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

I got some hand bells! :D you know the sort that are tuned? One note to each bell? :D they are supposed to be a resource for when on teaching practice... but they are going to be so much fun in my uni house and music lectures! I also got lots children's books and a hand puppet elephant called Eric :D

I had lots of fun this Christmas... hope everyone else did! xxx
  9. gawber

gawber Active Member

Some great pressies - PC from the old man - MP3 player from my sons, bless em. Lots of bits and bats.........all good.

Can't say I enjoyed Christmas this year though.........worked and slept through most of it.....felt quite depressed, remembering a certain Christmas past.
  10. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

I got an Aston Martin :eek:

OK, it was a little remote control one, but cool nonetheless! :D
  11. bigmamabadger

Not as good as the remote control jousting knights we got...
  12. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

You're kidding :eek:

I have to get me some of those

Although, if I gaffer-tape a drinking straw to the roof of the Aston.......
  13. abracadeborah

abracadeborah New Member

I saw the jousting knights in M&S I think, they did look alot of fun!
  14. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

I got some amazing black dyke pyjamas from Fi, a black dyke shirt from Nicola, and my name and 'black dyke groupie' engraved on a lovely red ipod nano!

I don't think I got any normal presents...:confused: :tongue:
  15. bigmamabadger

Marks & Spencer...
    also Racing Grannies and USB rocket launcher...
  16. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Did pretty well this year - even the underwear was actually requested!

cd from the RNCM wind orchestra, the latest in the "Great British Music for Wind Band" series, including wind band versions of Kit Turnbull's "Timelines", Vinter's "Spectrum" and Ellerby's "Trombone Concerto" in a fine performance by Brett Baker, The Turnbull piece I first heard at the Royal Festival Hall played by the Hampshire County Youth Band under Leighton Rich, who commissioned it, and again on Carlton Main's cd "Fever Fantasy", so it is interesting to compare the two versions.

Also got a couple of books, including a compendium of the three Eric Sykes novels and Ronald Holtz fine work on SA bands - can't wait for the second volume to appear!

Currently in my work bag is Peter Kay's autobiography, which explains the strange looks I've received on the train when I've been creased up with laughter over the past few days ;)
  17. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Hey, you wanna be careful what you say - "Our Tone's" boys will be round looking for WMD's if your not careful ;) :-?
  18. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- I wonder if anybody got anything that was all Grimey? :rolleyes:
  19. Veri

Veri Member

I got a new toaster, a shiny silver dualit one! It is making my kettle feel very inferior...
  20. Heather

Heather Member

We should do a survey on who got Peter Kays book!!!!
    I got it, my husband got it ......and just about everyone else I know got it!!!! He must be making a fortune.