Xmas day and no James Bond!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Andy_Euph, Dec 25, 2004.

1. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Must say i'm in a bit of a shock! :p

2. Hollie

Hollie Member

I really don't like James Bond anyway!

3. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

Missing him too, will just need to dig out the old tapes, hmmm, I think Thunderball will have to do!! Don't think the Great Escape was on either come to think of it!! Xmas telly has really been cr*p this year, am actually threatening to go and practice, Im that bored!! :rolleyes:

4. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

The only TV I have been bothered about watching was Vicar of Dibley last night.... and although it was very funny, I really didn't know what to think about it :-?
    I also saw a great film/documentary thing on Channel 4 on Cuban Music.... really good.

As for the 007 dude, James Bond.... get the right actor and I'm watching it ;-)

My computer has been the domination of my Christmas though.... as usual :p

5. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Active Member

No James Bond?

You speak for yourselves - I have the complete set of DVDs:-D

I do gree with the rubbish that has been on telly this year - I have hardly even heard of most of the films and the "Christmas Specials" have been just the same jokes with a Christmas tree in the background.
    Why is it that the highlight so far (for me anyway) has been the Morecambe & Wise Christmas show??From 1976!?!?!?

6. Brassb3ll3nd

Brassb3ll3nd Member

That's because its class. YAY for Morecambe & Wise.

I think the reason for so much c**p TV is because we've all got DVD's and can watch the latest movies or best comedy any time we want, and there are so many channels to watch today that the TV ratings war is no longer that important, hence they just keep on churning out repeats.

7. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Saw MIDSOMER MURDERS.

Does anyone know who the BrassBAND?BRASS GROUP were playing in it?
    As usual the TELEVISION COMPANY did not put the band up in the credits:x

8. HBB

HBB Active Member

Please stop with the capitals!!!

9. Brassb3ll3nd

Brassb3ll3nd Member

Essential Christmas viewing? Not for me, I prefer to have the family round and play some board games, like pictionary, cluedo etc. Or even sit infront of this magic box of tricks typing strange messages!!!

10. HBB

HBB Active Member

I got a wooden puzzle from tree.

I spent about 20 minutes trying to undo it so I could try and put it back together again. I was staying together, so I got annoyed and threw it on the floor...

... that's how you break it apart! :) :tup

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    James Bond
    shock
    bit
    Xmas day
  12. Brassb3ll3nd

Brassb3ll3nd Member

Still more fun than the telly though.....I bet?

13. HBB

HBB Active Member

Yup! ALthough we played the new DVD trivial pursuit :)

14. kate_the_horn

kate_the_horn New Member

i really enjoyed the vicar of dibley, was really funny! (altough i was pretty drunk!)

kel x

15. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

aaahahahahaha! If you lads in the UK could access God's own TV channel (no, not the holy one, I'm talking about the unique RTE1) then you could have had Christmas Bond-age galore!

You lot are so backward :p

16. lister89

lister89 Member

it was a CRIME!!!!! Needed my anual connery fix!

17. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Definitely a classic, and interesting to see Elton John really entering into all the fun. Also saw part of the 1983 show broadcast on Channel 5 (and originally made for ITV) - exactly the same sketch, but this time involving Peter Skellern on the piano!

18. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

Shut up you girl!! 007 sucks!!

Johnny English is the best british spy eva!!

19. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

I got a kids' jigsaw. It says on the box '3-5 years' but I hope to have put it together in about 6 months....

:) :)

But seriously folks... amongst my pressies was a book (HBB won't like this) 'The Return of Bunny Suicides', with cartoons depicting ever more elaborate ways of.... bunnies commiting suicide! My favourite one is where one unfortunate bunny eats several tins of baked beans. He then goes over to a length of pipe, almost square, but with one open end at the bunny's backside and the other pointing at his face. He then strikes a match, farts, and the flames go all round the pipe and come back out the other side, leaving the bunny as toast!

20. HBB

HBB Active Member

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
    :eek: :eek: :eek:
    :eek: :eek: :eek:
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

21. kevthedrummer

kevthedrummer Member

no bond this will go down in history and weres willywonker and his chocolate factory too :D

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    James Bond
    shock
    bit
    Xmas day