Xeno soprano cornets.

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by sop 1, Aug 12, 2007.

1. sop 1

sop 1 Member

iv been playing sop for 16 years now and 14 of them have probably been on a schilke.
    have had a xeno for a week to try and must say im very impressed with it,so much im gonna buy one! The build quality is fantastic as well as the tuning but there's three thing's about it which have impressed even more.
    1.The valves are far far better than the schilke and much smoother.
    2. It comes with a fantastic case which is big enough for two instruments! (the schilke comes without a case).
    3. The price,at nearly seven hundred pounds cheaper than the schilke (that cant be bad!)
    if anyone had said to me 2 years ago id be playing on a yamaha id have laughed!
    so all u sop players give them a try! :woo

2. SopranoGod

SopranoGod Member

Although i'm been playing soprano for no where nearly as long as you i've mainly been playing on a Yamaha 6610S (the one before the xeno) and for me it's not easy to blow against some of the other sops i've tried.

I have been curious about these xenos (not fussed on cornet version), is the Xeno sop more of an easier blow than it's predescessor?

3. sop 1

sop 1 Member

after my last post on this subject i decieded to try a brand new schilke and it was streets ahead of the xeno!
    ok the schilke is very expensive but it is worth it in the long run!
    :)

4. sop 1

sop 1 Member

after trying it i bought it btw!

5. sopboy

sopboy New Member

I tried the Sterling, its a beast! .....
    I don't know why people like silver plate the best they say it sounds more mellow,if I had a choice it would be gold plated every time.

6. geo

geo New Member

Is beast good or bad?

7. hannahone

hannahone New Member

Well? I've been told they are very akin to the old sov. True/false?