Wycliffe Gordon Seen in Wales!

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Trombino9, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Trombino9

Trombino9 New Member

I was saving up to visit USA and go to a Wycliffe Gordon Concert.
    On his website it says he's playing in Wales on June 20th 2009.
    Can anyone tell me where he is playing in Wales.
    Anyone else interested in hearing him live?
    Mega player!

2. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

He's playing with Battle Creek but no more details. :frown:

3. BLACKSHEEP

BLACKSHEEP New Member

Hi where and when are Battle Creek in Wales, it says on Wycliffe Gordon's site it is with BBC could it be at St Davids Hall. If anyone has any details get it posted tickets will be hot when they are on sale and I need about twenty already for some members of my band that want to see him. The reviews I have read are outstanding.

4. tubamouse

tubamouse New Member

If you check out Cory wbsite they are in St Davids hall cardiff on 20th June 09 for their 125th anniversary gala concert he could be their guest????????

5. BLACKSHEEP

BLACKSHEEP New Member

If Wycliffe Gordon is performing with Cory what a concert that will be. Does anyone know anymore please keep us informed.

6. JimboFB

JimboFB Active Member

From the website, it looks like it Brass Band of Battle Creek (BBBC) on tour, and he is playing presumably 1st Trombone!?!?!

Anyhow, whether he is guest soloist with anyone else, you gotta hear this guy, he is a leg-end.

Chance not to be missed.

7. jd

jd Member

Just returned from Michigan and Chicago where I played with BBBC in 2 concerts. You have never heard anything like him in your life. The coolest guy I have met, complete animal on the trombone.
    Not sure about BBBC being here in '09. I will email and find out,

Doylie

8. brassneck

brassneck Active Member