www.brassbandtube.com

Discussion in 'Computer Corner' started by Brass Band Tube, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Brass Band Tube

Brass Band Tube New Member

Check out this new brass band website - http://www.brassbandtube.com

You can add videos from youtube, dailymotion, google video and many others. The goal is to have a website where all the brass band videos on the web is organized.

Feel free to create a user profile and start adding your band videos.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    www.brassbandtube.com
    youtube
    dailymotion
    brass band videos
    new brass band website
  3. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Why hide everthing we do as bands in a little area that realistically only bandsmen will know about? surely if the stuff's on youtube already it's more likely to be stumbled on by the general (non banding) public. And it's easy enough to find as a bandman too . . .

4. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

What arrangement have you reached with the PRS for music - is it similar to that for Google and You Tube?

5. Brass Band Tube

Since we only embed videos from other sites nothing is hidden from the public and non brass band viewers. Brass Band Tube was created to make brass band videos easy to find for the common brass band freak.

6. Brass Band Tube

You have a point. Since the site is located in Denmark we have contacted the "Danish PRS" to make sure that no law i violated. But im guessing that youtube, google etc, have an agreement with the "Danish PRS" and since the videos are not streamed directly from our site, I hope that there is no problem.

7. Would PRS be needed if they were are just embedded videos from Youtube or Google as in theory, they're being hosted by Youtube and Google???

Not sure how Youtube or Google are covered by PRS but that isn't the original question.

8. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

If it's an index site, probably not - but I read into the original statement of creating a profile and adding your videos.....and if the videos had been hosted by the site they would be liable (it appears from the later answer that isn't the case).

Google own Youtube, and - eventually - agreed a licence fee for copyright material with the PRS.

9. Simon_Horn

Simon_Horn Member

Great idea!

10. _si

_si Member

I have just uploaded all my favourite youtube band vids to the site (approx 40 of them) , good luck with the site mate.

11. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

any plans to add in streaming from facebook videos?

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    www.brassbandtube.com
    youtube
    dailymotion
    brass band videos
    new brass band website