Would you support an independant investigation?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by The Wherryman, Apr 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

Quote from another thread "If the original poster would like the details of an independant media contact already investigating the way our banding instituition operates, please get in touch.
    The contact will deal only with fact."

Does our banding institution need an independant investigation?
    If so, of what and who should carry it out?
    Would you support a media investigation (independant or otherwise)?
    Are you comfortable with an investigation that appears to be in progress, but about which nothing appears to be being said?

2. Ianroberts

Ianroberts Member

Investigate what ? its a brass band movement not MI 5, Ive never heard of such a ridiculous idea.

3. The Wherryman

I've just quoted what another poster has posted. Perhaps that person can fill in more details, as it appears that some sort of investigation is already happening.

4. jockinafrock

jockinafrock Active Member

:clap:

5. Ianroberts

Ianroberts Member

so why are you getting involved in stirring up something that you know nothing about ?

you could call for an investigation into the price of sherbert lemons though, that is an absolute disgrace !!!!!!!!!!

6. The Wherryman

I don't see it as stirring. I politely asked the other poster for more detail about the investigation and investigator, and he politely declined to give any, on the ground that it would split that particular thread. I have now created a thread on which he can reply, if he so desires. It is precisely because I (and it seems, many others) don't know anything about the current 'investigation' that I am seeking more views and information.

7. Ianroberts

Ianroberts Member

Any news on the sherbert lemons ?

8. toby hobson

toby hobson Member

Can you still get Sherbet Lemons? I used to by a 1/4 with my 50p pocket money then eat the lot until the roof of my mouth was bleeding cos the lemon bits were as sharp as a blade!!! Then I moved onto Lemon Bon Bons but they pulled my fillings out. Definitely worthy of investigation!!

9. Ianroberts

Ianroberts Member

And if I may just quote Winston Churchill for a moment..........

"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room"

10. P_S_Price

P_S_Price Member

I Like Sherbert Vimto's. There are a couple of Great sweetie Stalls in Ashton u Lyne Indoor market.

Can we have an investigation into why the Rochdale Market doesnt have great sweetie stalls?

11. The Wherryman

Sorry, I thought you were an organ grinder. My mistake :roll:. I seem to have touched a nerve. If you do find out anything about this media person whose supposed to be conducting an investigation, please let us all know (it's not you, is it?). Meanwhile, I'm off to the sweetie shop.

12. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

If this trash (and the original thread) were posted up on Sunday (1st April) I would give it some credit.

13. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

I blame Thatcher.

I like pickled eggs me.

14. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

Are you still bitter about when she took your milk away? Let it go, she's not worth it... :D

15. Ianroberts

Ianroberts Member

No its not me (I havent even figured out what the band is yet), and to be honest it looks like you are the only one that's interested, so what about those sherbert lemons ?

16. P_S_Price

P_S_Price Member

Pretty sure that the The band is Stone Band, and if you visity their web site, the identity of KateJ is there for all to see.

Forget Lemons - Sherbert Vimtos is where its at

17. cornyandy

cornyandy Member

Sherbert Lemons, who wants to get into Dumbledore's office anyway?

18. kennywenny

kennywenny Member

I'm sure there is a sweet stall in the Rochdale market ......:D

19. Ianroberts

Ianroberts Member

Well done sherlock

I'll raise you a curly wurly !!

Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  20. Trombell

Trombell New Member

How about some bitter sherbet lemons or wine gums!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.