Would you march in the nude?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Cantonian, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Cantonian

Cantonian Active Member

2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Doubt it, but heck, this is a great thread starter - who can think of appropriate pieces to play whilst marching nude then.

My money for one of the first to reply to this is on either PB or 2MD....;)
  3. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

At the risk of this one being deleted, "Catell Coch" ;)
  4. dyl

dyl Active Member

Sorry, can't see the link between nude marching and a 'Red Castle'!
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2006
  5. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

One for any cuddly players called Elizabeth.

Roll Away, Bet
  6. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Definitely Not! :eek:

Marching fully clothed is a nightmare as it is!
  7. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

No, I don't think we have the climate for marching in the nude!

Besides, from what I have seen on TV programmes about nudity in general, it seems the people most inclined to take their clothes off are those that really ought to keep their clothes on! ;) So in the name of good taste (and keeping my dinner down), I say that nobody should be considering this! :tongue:
  8. Nanny Ogg

Nanny Ogg Member

Not for me - would have problems ironing out the creases, would loose the band its deprtment prize
  9. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Why not, in for a penny, in for a pound. I reckon a few beers would get me in the mood for it :p

A nudist band would certainly brighten up Whit Friday!
  10. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

We did march to "The Stripper" with Coventry Festival Band in Coventry carnival when my dad was the MD, but didn't take it that literally - although we were in shirst-sleeves, watching the Life Guards stiflinng in their reds ;)

Perhaps someone could come up with a suitable arrangement of "The bare necessities" for the occasion, or else either "I've got my love to keep me warm" or "I've got you under my skin" if it happens to be a cold day!

As to the question of whether I'd do it: I don't see why not, but they'd have to allow my bass strap!!!
  11. gawber

gawber Active Member

"Death (of cold) or Glory" :clap:
  12. PeterBale

It might be a bit fast to march to - unless we sign up to the Light Infantry - but there's a galop that Sandstorm Brass recorded on their cd entitled "The Flash" :eek:

Failing that, we could always try Malcolm Arnold's "Flourish for a birthday (suit)"!
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2006
  13. julestools

julestools Active Member

Has just been suggested to me that "Swing Low" might be a good tune but have not seen it in march time. Would never have thought of it myself, honest. :oops:

14. Cantonian

Cantonian Active Member

March from the Nutcracker Suite
  15. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

He he, thanks TMM, my reputation preceeds me! ;)

I'd happily play in the buff, so that's me, Roy and Peter Bale so far, any more takers?

As for pieces to play...erm...The Dam Busters? :-? Swinging Safari??
  16. PeterBale

A couple of these, from an old Royal Marines cd, may be felt suitable, if they don't get modded!

17. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Lol!! Aaww bless. :p
  18. PeterBale

For the exhibitionists amongst us - and one that used to be quite popular with military bands a few years back: "Hey, look me over" ;)
  19. julestools

julestools Active Member

OK but only if I can play BBb or something equally as large.

20. vonny

vonny Member

Blimely :eek: Although I might have to take such measures at the Midlands tomorrow, as i have burnt my trousers and shirt whilst ironing them