Worst Gig

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Miss Saxophone, Jan 26, 2012.

1. cornyandy

cornyandy Member

Thanks PB,

I'll look at the link later, I'm just getting ready for my morning stint as the local lolipop man. Thanks for those ideas too

Cheers

Andrew

2. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Some park in Middleton where we had to move the smackheads before starting, and they ended up being the only audience over the duration of 3 spots.

3. tubabuddy

tubabuddy New Member

how about between two funnels on a paddle steamer,in the bristol channel in a gale !!!

4. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

Ah, Jubilee Park, mecca of smackheads and white lightening aficionados. I have played in that self same park where we had a random drunk woman wandering about trying to talk to everyone in the band :)

5. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

Reminds me of playing in Abington Park in Northampton to a combination crowd of people in deckchairs and weed-smoking people in tie-dye. For a while the stoned group held hands in a circle around the bandstand and danced round and round us. That was very funny... In a slightly odd way...

6. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

In the same way that Dante's inferno is funny?

7. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

It was funny... We were all laughing! Mind you, you might be thinking of the "trumpet of his ar5e" line from the Inferno, in which case maybe?

8. Brassbones

Brassbones Member

Many moons ago I played with Sale Brass on top of a MOVING open top bus for Nicholas Winterton's local election campaign. Every few minutes someone would shout "TREE!!!!" and we would all have to duck down to avoid decapitation. That was fairly special.

Then there was the Majors investiture march through Wigan with Pemberton, when a police horse was startled by the noise (;)) and scattered the band, nearly trampling yours truly. I recall being quoted in the Wigan Gazette after that ... claim to fame ... lol!!

Oh and finally, Whet Friday a couple of years ago takes some beating!!!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice