World of Brass Spring 2005 Update catalogue

Discussion in 'Sponsor Announcements' started by WorldofBrass.com, Apr 22, 2005.

1. WorldofBrass.com

WorldofBrass.com Active Member

Our latest catalogue is beginning to hit doormats now.

If you're not on our mailing list you can either pick up a catalogue at the EBBC 2005 in Groningen next week or email / PM me with your address details and I'll post one to you.

We went to press with this catalogue some weeks ago when we had to guess certain release dates.
    There are some products that are not yet on the website due to them not being available just yet.
    I have summarised most of the products in question and hope this helps to avoid any confusion or disappointment.

Grimethorpe in Concert Volume 2; Expected end of May
    From Russia with Love (Fodens); Expected end of May
    Surprise (London Brass); Expected mid-May
    Sweet Nightingale (Baritone solo from Kenneth Downie); Waiting for information from composer

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Brass Spring 2005 Update
    Concert Volume 2
    EBBC 2005
    Groningen
    latest catalogue
  3. postie

postie Member

Got mine yesterday some very good stuff in their.

4. Brian Bowen

Brian Bowen Active Member

I've just ordered the new YBS recording of music by Ray Steadman-Allen ("Alpha and Omega") and look forward to hearing the interpretations.

However, considering the enormous number of quality band pieces RSA has written, I'm dissapointed to see that two pieces on the new album, "In Quiet Pastures" and "At the Edge of Time" also appeared on the fairly recent album ("At the edge of time") from SP&S celebrating the music of RSA . I'm presuming that both CDs come from the same parent company (World of Brass/SP&S/Egon).

Looks like poor planning and a failure to research properly to me.:(

5. WorldofBrass.com

Brian, we were well aware that "In Quiet Pastures" and "At the Edge of Time" had been recorded by the ISB on a CD to celebrate the 80th birthday of RSA so there was no poor planning or failure to research properly.
    We were quite happy to allow Professor King to choose the repertoire for this new CD although we agree with you that RSA has written an enormous number of quality band pieces.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2005
  6. Bariman

Bariman Member

Has anyone else noticed that WoB now charge p&P of £2.95 per order!!

2 other mail order companies that sell band CDs either charge nothing or only 60p per CD.

Come on WoB, it's a bit of a hike from 95p.

7. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I spotted that as well, but hadn't got round to checking if the website showed the same! Unless you're ordering a lot (5 or more!) better to try 4barsrest.com (UK postage free) or Midland-cd-club (60p per cd to UK).

8. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I know this is a bit off topic, but some of it is a plug for the WoB products so I don't think they'll mind.

I have really enjoyed the two DVDs I've bought from WoB...2004 British Open and The Black Dyke/ ISB concert from a couple of years back.

They bugger of it all is that you always need a DVD player. Does anybody know if there are any car stereos (or other CD players) that will just play the audio from DVDs or is there a way to format a DVD so that it can play audio in a CD player (much like on a PC)

I think it would be fantastic for when you can't always 'watch' the DVD.

9. WorldofBrass.com

John, as you well know, we don't just sell band CDs. The World of Brass website alone sells sheet music of different shapes and sizes and merchandise of varying weights.
    Many of our orders are for several items at a time especially when a new catalogue comes out and there are several great new recordings available at once.
    The move to a £2.95 per order charge is an across the board move on all mail orders from SP&S (this includes uniforms, Bibles, song books etc.) and is a realistic one especially when compared to other business/charity catalogues like the Leprosy Mission.

We are aware of the two mail order companies selling band CDs that you speak of.
    We don't believe that they have a retail outlet from where you can purchase post free or that they sell from over 20 trade stands per year at various locations across the country and beyond. (We had a trade stand at the NZ Nationals this year, by the way!)
    There are plenty of opportunities to purchase from World of Brass POST FREE!

We also have an extensive Bargain Basement section which has well over 100 significantly reduced price recordings. I don't see anything like that on the other two sites. Neither did they have a massive New Year sale as we did, which no doubt you took advantage of! The record was a 39 CD order, not bad for a 95p postage charge!

Last edited: Apr 23, 2005
  10. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

... just had a look at the tracklisting and it's a shame that 'Seascapes' wasn't considered for this album. No studio recording exists for this interesting work, only Desford's 1988 Winning Perf. at the Nationals.