World now a safer place. ;)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Rapier, Apr 13, 2006.

1. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Yes, it's happened. The World is now a safer place. My youngest is now an Officer in the British Army. Commissioned yesterday, with some bloke called Wales. You may all now sleep safer at night. :)

Proud Dad? You bet! :clap:
  2. Harold.Wells

Harold.Wells Active Member

Congratulations to you both!
    Enjoy! :tup
  3. Liz Loftus

Liz Loftus Member

Does this mean your son also frequents certain dancing establishments :biggrin: More seriously, I bet you had a great day/s!! Di you get to speak to grandma !!

Are you on parade tomorrow - I'm on my own :eek: (simpathy vote now) 1st march since my op. 9.45 bandroom, 10am start (only hymns) then rehearsal - I thought it was a bank holiday!!! :confused: We have probably got a jacket that fits you!!!;)
  4. Di

Di Active Member

Have moved this to "Random" so you can share your "proud daddyness" with a wider audience.

A big well done from me too. :biggrin::clap:
  5. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Congratulations to Rapier and mini-Rapier. I for one will sleep easier for knowing that. ;)

And where did he hold his passing out celebrations? Or is that something his father would be better off not knowing...
  6. Liz Loftus

Liz Loftus Member

I seem to have read about the passing out celebrations in the national press :biggrin: - as daddy Rapier says 'certain bloke called Wales' better known to us commoners as Harry!
  7. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

Ooooh I watched it live on This Morning... but they were only concered with Harry... I tried to spot Rapier in the crowd... and tried to spot a soldier chappy who looked like him :( but no joy! You should have gone and stood in Queenie's box with her so I could see you on the telly! :tongue:
  8. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

I'd be upset if my son went to those type of establishments and didn't invite me! Didn't get to speak to Betty, which was no surprise, but having worked for her personally whilst serving I wasn't too disappointed. And can't help with your parade, as I need to take my sisters back to the coach station, after their dog sitting duties. :)
  9. Di

Di Active Member

Took me a moment to realise you were'nt speaking to me then, :redface: specially as it was posed more like a statement that a question. ;)
  10. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Congrats to Rapier junior on his commission. :clap:

I was just his younger brother but I remember how proud I was when my older brother joined the RAF.

Well done indeed. :tup
  11. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

Yay, congratulations! :clap: :D
  12. SteveT

SteveT Member

Congratulations Rapier. Could I ask what regiment or corps he is joining?

13. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Corps of Royal Engineers.
  14. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member