World Cup Draw

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by DublinBass, Dec 9, 2005.

1. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Anybody else watching via the FIFA website?
  2. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Sky sports news for me...
  3. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

4. Will the Sec

5. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- pundits on live draw (BBC2) said it should be a formality for England qualifying into the next stage !!! :rolleyes:
  6. Will the Sec

Yeah, but that's like saying "West Ham are too good to get relegated". :rolleyes:
  7. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member Italy, Czech Republic and Ghana
  8. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Group F seems a good 'un ... Brazil, Croatia, Australia & Japan
  9. dyl

dyl Active Member

Isn't it a bit early for the Rugby World Cup draw? Who did Wales get?
  10. Will the Sec

It is tempting to say to a Liverpool supporting Welshman "Go East, Young Man", Dyl, but I wouldn't DREAM of it!
  11. stephen2001

stephen2001 Member

They said that about France in the last World Cup. As holders, they were knocked out at the first round stage without scoring a single goal.
    My prediction is England, Paraguay and Sweden finishing on the same number of points, with the team failing to qualify being the one with the worse result against Trinidad & Tobago.
  12. dyl

dyl Active Member

You are right of course. So seeing as Wales aren't in it, and my club side is Liverpool:

Come on Spain!
  13. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

Not a formality - England haven't beaten Sweden for 37 years. I think we beat Paraguay a couple of years back but if results go against us even the 2nd qualifying spot is not certain.

Having said that I still think we will qualify top of the table. :D
  14. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Doesn't matter what group or teams England face. They'll still get knocked out on penalties. :)
  15. Tom-King

Tom-King Well-Known Member

^ this guys scottish or welsh isnt he? :p

I think a lot of people are taking success for granted... having good players doesnt mean you have a good team... look at the dutch and italians for how many years?
  16. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

17. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

No formality at all for England. In any case, England will only stand a chance of progressing far (I'll stop short of saying 'winning it'), if they ditch Rio Ferdinand for good and Wayne Rooney stays injury free.

Still, dyl, I'm sure you'd be more excited if Wales HAD qualified.... ;)
  18. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Lol, I hope you're not trying to shoot the messenger here (... me :redface: ). It was Alan Hansen who said it should be a formality. Trinidad may surprise a few as well! (quite a few UK based players in the team).
  19. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Nope. Sorry, brassneck. Wasn't messenger shooting! :) I saw and heard Hansen say that too. I was disputing him. :)
  20. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- I suppose he HAD to say that ... so the press don't throttle him! As long as England don't take things for granted and work for the results (like most things in life) they have a good chance of getting through!