Work in the Warm/Work in the Cold

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by ian perks, Dec 1, 2008.

1. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

A question here for you all;
    As you are probably aware i am a butcher so we cant have any heating on at all.
    Today we took a temp reading of -4 in the unit where we work its all part and parcel of what comes with the job;)
    Do you work in a nice warm office or have to work in the cold

2. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

I work in a nice warm office! However it seems very bitter where you are Ian.

3. dyl

dyl Active Member

You're a butcher, Ian? Really? Why haven't you mentioned this before?

Anyway, yup it's a nice warm office for me too. And it's GREAT!

4. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

warm office, yes please. Although i would like the best of both worlds. I am a nasty piece of work when it is boiling hot outside and I'm stuck in the office.

5. leisa

leisa Active Member

Ugh I sit under the air con in our office and cos theres about 30/40 people in there the temp never suits anyone so the air con is on and off all day going from hot to cold several times a day...then they wonder why we all end up with colds/diseases!!

6. Di

Di Active Member

I work from home now, so I can have the temperature exactly as I like it, even get to sit outside in the sunshine in the summer. :biggrin:

7. hicks

hicks Member

A career in IT has it's downsides, but at least it's indoor work with no heavy lifting.

8. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Outdoor work and plenty of heavy lifting for me. At least it keeps me looking good in a kilt!
    Must admit to wrapping up my haggis on days like today though :D

9. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

When I trekked off this afternoon to visit mum in hospital, there was this guy wearing a kilt, but wore his jeans underneath. Bizarre! I've been working in an office environment for the last 5 years. Great until something goes wrong ... too hot or cold!

10. AileenD

AileenD New Member

;)I'm stuck indoors but the office front is mainly glass so guess what? It's boiling in the summer and ****** freezing now!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Warm/Work
    Cold
    Work
    butcher
    temp reading
  12. six pints

six pints Active Member

I'm in a school, so depends on how well my heating is working! It was working best out of everyones today though apparently! :)

13. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

A 6* freezer - wow!

14. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

I think there is a minimum temperature requirement for everyone - except food workers! Sorry Ian! I've not been able to get warm for the last week. I had to scrape/melt about 3mm of sheet ice off my windscreen this morning. Brrr!

15. LeDragon

LeDragon Active Member

I work both indoors and outside with my job - today I was stood outside the Houses of Parliament at 4.30am taking part in an early morning rehearsal for the state opening of Parliament - it was ****** freezing!! Tomorrow I'm playing in a memorial service in a chapel so should be alot warmer!

16. bbg

bbg Member

I work in a car dealership - due to Group "cutbacks" we have been swithching the heating off each night, so when you get days like yesterday (-6 when I left the house at 10.30am), it's like working in a large fridge, with the added "bonus" of extra cold coming in when a big sliding door is opened to move a car. Was photographing cars outside for our website and it was decidedly chilly to say the least.
    My wife and daughter work in a school and a hospital office respectively, but my son works outside repairing overhead electricity wires - as he sais, you've really got to work a middle of the night call-out in blizzard conditions to really understand what "cold" means!!

17. six pints

six pints Active Member

cold coming in, or heat going out? :p

18. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

I work in a shed. Seriously, it's a "clubhouse" at a sports club and it's FREEZING. Though much as I complain, I wouldn't change it for the world :D

19. themusicalrentboy

themusicalrentboy Active Member

I 'work' in a school and it's always lovely and warm in there :)

20. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Where I was based before I was my own boss when it came to setting the temperature - within reason - and as my wife says I could quite happily live in a fridge i used to keep the reception nice and cool.

Since moving to the city it is more awkward, as I work within a team, most of whom always seem to be freezing, so I now sit behind a desk with under-desk heating pumping out most of the time, with no way of controlling it :mad:

21. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Warm or Cold? Both, depending on who in the office is currently holding the aircon controls. :mad:

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Warm/Work
    Cold
    Work
    butcher
    temp reading