Work Good Friday

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by ian perks, Apr 6, 2007.

1. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

As its Good Friday today ;
    Who as had to go to work?
    I have;)
  2. dyl

dyl Active Member

Not me
  3. Di

Di Active Member

Nor me. :biggrin:
  4. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

I'm here! 0800 till 2030 for me .

It was all going well till the ceiling fell in , narrowly missing a patient , followed by several gallons of water - the patient in the room above could not turn off his shower and had left it on full blast but had not felt led to tell anyone!!!!
    Now waiting for the outsourced private maintenance firm to arrive and clean up the mess - 5 and a half hours since we called them!!!
  5. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

We don't have a Holiday on Good Friday in Belgium. We have a holiday next Monday ("Easter Monday" as we call it). It's the same in the Netherlands I think.
  6. Di

Di Active Member

Aww poor Jan.

We get Friday and Monday. ;):tongue:
  7. LeDragon

LeDragon Active Member

8. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

It's not so bad. You can make many stupid jokes today, like saying "Good Friday" instead of "Good Morning"

9. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

Yup been working today, and back in tomorrow.
    Got band tonight aswell!!!!!
  10. postie

postie Member

I have been to work today and I am back in first thing tomorrow morning!!!!!
  11. Jasonp

Jasonp Member

Count yourself lucky mate, if you'd arrived a week earlier you would have been in band practice this morning going through 'Music of the Sphere's' for the Folkstone concert tomorrow night.
  12. winterman

winterman Member

I'm sortta working from home, getting bits sorted out for a big project I have on at work, after that a couple of computer support visits to friends (the band and village geek always seems to be in demand on weekends and Bank Holidays! Anyone else find that?) and then into the pub till Tuesday!!!
  13. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

I worked today :D only got Saturday, Monday and Tuesday to go now, silly Sainsbury's have no more shifts for me (only back for easter hols) after that! I'm going to be SO bored next week!
  14. Di

Di Active Member

Oh yes. Haven't got the caravan this weekend, its being serviced, but May Day and Whit weekend bank holidays, we used to be able to go away in the van. Nowadays there's always something on with one or other band. Still, have caravan will travel, and usually end up having a "holiday" somewhere in the vicinity of the engagement. :rolleyes:
  15. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

I've just started a night shift :(

If it wasn't double time I'd be even more upset though :)
  16. Teflon1961

Teflon1961 Member

:)I was there this morning, finished at noon ....then had an appointment at The Plough.... *hic* :tup
  17. grahammck

grahammck Member

No work for me today. In fact, I've been on leave from Monday (2nd) to next Tuesday (10th).
  18. Ryan06

Ryan06 Member

I got today and Monday off. But the band plays for the Good Friday service so I was playing this morning.
  19. popmills

popmills New Member

No work today but on an Easter theme yesterday I took part in the Maunday service at Manchester Cathedral. This was as a meber of the Yeomen of the Guard. From my position in the cathedral I had a good view of the 4 brass players who did the opening fanfare and descants. If any read this site they did very well, congratulations. At the rehersal a young lady told me that at least two were brass band players. Regards Barry
  20. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

I had a lovely day off today- and still have a week left of being a lazy biiiiach. Bring it on!!