Words every bandsman dreads

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Okiedokie of Oz, Apr 7, 2005.

1. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

"We wuz robbed!!"

No doubt, after every band contest, 9 bands run around chanting this, while the tenth jumps on their bus, trophy in hand, and big smiles all around. With the Aussie Nationals a few weeks back, no doubt there are many bands in my area also saying it.

But when I say it, I mean it.

On Tuesday night a most haneous ( did I spell that right?? Education is poor out in the colonies!!!) crime was commited to the Gladstone Municipal Band. Hoodlums smashed the front door or our band hall down, broke into our storeroom and took some VERY VALUABLE equipment from us, and we are rather distraught.

It wasn't our brand new Pearl SBX drumkit that cost us $5000, thank Goodness.
    It wasn't Bronnie or my sax because I had been down practising that day.
    It wasn't the band's spare tubas. Trombones, cornets, horns andbaritones are safe also. All our euphos are loaned out, so hooray for safety.
    They didn't even take the money from our bar till!!!!

But...........

THEY STOLE OUR GROG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    They ripped the padlocks our 2 fridges, stole our softdrinks, stole our beer, and stole MY BOURBON!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Police are down making a bloomin' mess fingerprinting the joint. Theories include possible break-in from foreign sailors and hoons discovering the new access road built by council coming down, having a drive and a brief exploration.

So my advice - LOOK AFTER YOUR ALCOHOL PEOPLE!!!!!!

2. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

My sincere condolences go out to you all at this very heart breaking, gut wrenching time. Be strong & take comfort in that time is a great healer & soon you may be able to put your awful loss behind you.

There may be a local support group you can visit. My closest group is Bargain Booze but I realise that this organisation may be a little far for you to attend.

My thoughts are with you.:wink:

3. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

Condolences. We had a break in at our bandroom a couple of years ago - we're now much more secure. On that occasion the thief chose to ignore the band's instruments and kit, and also that of our resident rock band who also rehearse there sometimes - no, having broken the door down he stole half a jar of coffee and some teaspoons.

D

4. Mrs Fruity

Mrs Fruity Member

Wot - no nice cakes?????????

5. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

No, we quickly eliminated the Salvation Army from our enquiries. :)

D

6. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

...crazy what some people break in to steal isn't it....

Madness.

7. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

That was very humorous!!

LMFAO!!

I know it is a tradegy to have such...personally...valuable items. I only hope that as time passes you will be able to look back and laugh at it as I have :p

P.S. I'll try to have a drink in your honour (since you haven't anymore alcohol)

8. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Its a lot easier to flog a jar or coffee or a load of booze down your local pub than it is to flog a BBb Bass..... although the amount of Smack you could buy for the cost of an BBb Bass would probably keep someone's habit fed for a year!

9. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

The fact that you've punched these numbers disturbs me no end Geordie. Are you reaching out for help??

And Mr BBC, the fact you find that REMOTELY funny must offend at least 90% of us!!!!

10. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

It's not so much want happened as being funny (stolen beer is very serious)...it's your deliver of the story that is quite entertaining ;)

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Bronnie
    Gladstone Municipal Band
    Aussie Nationals
    band contest
    band hall