Woohoo!

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Seedhouse, Oct 21, 2003.

1. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Woohoo! After a long spell of playing badly, things seem to be on the up again now, and I have to say it's given me a real boost in confidence and urged me to carry on my studies to follow my career aspiration.
    I wanted to thank everyone who has been helping me over the past however long it is! :lol:
    I was also wondering, as I know we all have our bad spells at playing, how everyone gets through them???
    Thanks again tMPers!

2. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

with difficulty - and painfully..
    went through a period of about 2 months where I couldn't play any note without cracking and razzing it terribly - air coming through my nose and mouth simultaneously. Basically due to a mutant cold-sore on my lip and trying to play on it instead of giving it time to sort itself out.

Came close to chucking the lot in I was so upset by it - but finally sorted itself and am back on form again now. Funny the way things can come back all of a sudden, and you think "Yeah, that's how I used do that"

All the best with it SH

3. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

I moved to Bass Trombone when I went through my last bad patch!

4. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

:( Im still trying to get over my bad patch...... :cry:

Its been :cry: 24 years now! :cry:

5. SammyT

SammyT Member

well u aint had a too long a bad period. you played pretty dam well at nationals :D :D

6. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

:oops: :lol: Thanks Sam!
    I get annoyed sometimes, because I play really well on my own but when I go to rehearsal, or have a Euph lesson I play really badly. :?
    Hopefully from now on that won't happen :roll:

7. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

cant wait for tonite then!!

8. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Something's bound to go wrong now then Shaz!! :lol:

9. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

tintagel, call of the sea, (ready for the big wigs coming) then maybe some new concert stuff or a quick run thru Viz

10. Di B

Di B Member

Rather than a bad period (ie months), if you are finding that one night/week you are fantastic and the next you are poor, think of the external influences in your life.

Things that affect my playing are work, friendship disputes, partner problems (aren't they always?) and even things like being freezing all day!

Practicing a lot I find always makes me a worse player before I reap the benefits too!

Remember, if you put too much pressure on yourself (and judging by the number of posts regarding how to practice you might be doing) this can have a negative effect too.

HTH

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    spell
    boost
    spells
    playing
    everyone
  12. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Thanks Di, I never knew outside influences could have an affect. Maybe I am pushing my self too hard, but I've found one of the main problems is having enough confidence in my own abilities.

Is that what we're doing tonight Shaz? Can we do Vizcaya pleeeeeease!?
    Oh, and can you bring that Brass Band World you were talking about in last weeks rehearsal???
    Thanks.