Wonderful Service

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by michellegarbutt, Dec 22, 2007.

1. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

I would like to tell everyone what wonderful service I've had from my local Marks and Spencers today. Went this morning to collect the goose that had been ordered and due to a problem with the suppliers it hadn't arrived. They immediately got on the phone and located one at a store 15 miles away which they offered to deliver to my home. I explained that I was going to be out all day so they offered to send it over 25 miles in a taxi to my mums house. I was delighted with this offer so after we finished todays stint of carolling I called to pick it up. Not only had they sent me a more expensive goose than I had ordered, they enclosed a £10 refund for the inconvenience and also threw in a free turkey crown which had a £27 price tag on it and a very nice expensive bottle of wine. Taking into account the taxi fare I reckon it cost them at least twice the amount I had actually spent.

A Thank you card will be winging its way on Monday Morning but I thought this service was so good I would like to tell everyone else.

2. Robhibberd29

Robhibberd29 Active Member

Well I think that's fantastic, nice to see a high street retailer actually showing the spirit of christmas! Good for you MG!

3. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

That is fantastic! Now there is proof that there is a manager somewhere who valus customer satisfaction! (Other than Mr Hibberd I might add :tup )

4. Robhibberd29

Bless you HB and a very merry xmas to you!!

5. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

Superb Customer Service, First Class.

Gets Two Thumbs Up From Me. :tup:tup

6. Robhibberd29

Makes a pleasant change hearing someone say they're having Goose, I've always fancied trying it. Have you had it before Michelle?

7. michellegarbutt

Yes we had goose last year as well. Very nice game flavour somewhere in between duck and pheasant. You don't get a lot of meat but the taste is amazing.

8. Robhibberd29

Sounds very nice, makes a nice change I guess from the turkey too. I believe I'm right in thinking most people used to have goose before the onset of turkey? I'm sure someone will put me right on that one.

9. michellegarbutt

my mum always had goose when she was a child. It was also very traditional back in Victorian times. We got a bit sick of bland turkey so last year we decided we'd try a goose and we loved it. We wouldn't go back to turkey now

10. flugel_fancy

flugel_fancy Member

I often do my shopping at M&S and find their service great. Also went into Morrisons this aft to pick up another turkey (!!!) and the queues were to the back of the store, people had massive trollies full of shopping and some had queued for over 90 minutes but the staff were great. They came around chatting making everone was ok standing to queue and were armed with tins of chocolates and biscuits giving them out to those waiting so although the wait was long it seemed quite bareable and almost festive! And after all they didn't have to.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    stint
    turkey crown
    Marks and Spencers
    goose
    taxi
  12. Cornet Nev.

Cornet Nev. Member

It is good to hear of good service any where now. There are too many folk who have reason to complain and it makes a refreshing change when it all goes right. I also have reason to compliment a company called Park Computers, again for good service at a good price. My desktop managed to destroy its mother board and power supply, not an uncommon thing with computers as I found out. However I got in touch with Park and told them the problem. They asked me to bring it in and gave a rough quote for price at the same time, they rang me the following day to tell me it was fixed and working, could I come and pick it up. Once there and details sorted, the assistant then carried it out to my car. All at a reasonable price considering the price of parts, less than £100.

13. Robhibberd29

I also shopped at Morrisons saturday and, like you, was given chocolate after chocolate while queueing for half an hour, they were very nice. I just wish they'd given me the chocolates BEFORE i filled the trolley up as I may not have got so much then!

14. flugel_fancy

flugel_fancy Member

hehe true :p I wasn't queueing that long myself as only had a little trolly so trsnfered shopping into 2 baskets and queued in the much quicker basket isle. Cost me a quid tho!

15. Robhibberd29

Was probably worth a quid to save you queuein as long I reckon.
    My trolley was brimmed, to the tune of £170

16. flugel_fancy

flugel_fancy Member

Owe! Was it worth it?!:redface:

17. Robhibberd29

Well mainly booze so yes!!

18. flugel_fancy

flugel_fancy Member

Think the booze is the only thing that never gets left over! Oh and soz Rob no turkey pie this year the fam managed to eat about 85% of it yesterday! And just had a curry with the rest :redface:

19. Robhibberd29

Aw!

20. flugel_fancy

flugel_fancy Member

Don't be sad Rob it's only pie :redface: There will be others :biggrin:

21. Robhibberd29

How can you say that? It's ONLY pie! I really hope there will be others, how can we survive without any pie! My good lord, perish the thought!!

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    stint
    turkey crown
    Marks and Spencers
    goose
    taxi