Won on a test Piece and dont like it

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by ian perks, Jan 16, 2006.

1. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

With all the contests you have played at in your banding years.
    Is there a time when the band have played a piece and WON(1 ST PRIZE) on and you hate the site of it/did not want to play it at that contest,this also includes Own Choice as well:
    Mine was Royal Parks (Own Choice West Midlands Contest )

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    years.Is
    Mine
    Own Choice West Midlands Contest
    ST PRIZE
    Royal Parks
  3. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Patons!

3rd Section 1985 Blackpool Mineworkers

Didn't like it, but the pain was worth it. ;)

4. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

Masque, by Fred Devreese. Utter drivel. 1st section area test-piece just after the 1st section was intorduced. As we were waiting to go on stage a contest official came out, shuddered and said "it's like someone pulling the heads off rats in there".

5. Steve

Steve Active Member

The Undaunted, 1st section area has to top the list. Never enjoyed it and got so fedd up the trom section ended up jazzing most the piece to keep ammused.

6. Chris Hicks

Chris Hicks Member

Tam O'shanters ride. British open 1956 :shock: or was it west of england areas 05 :wink: i am a rather forgetful person you know ;). Liked it at first couldn't stand it by the time it got to the areas but starting to like it again now.:biggrin:

7. rach_tenor_horn

rach_tenor_horn New Member

Prelude Song and Dance with Formby band 4th Section at the last Wilkinsons Contest, and I absolutely hated it! :mad:

8. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

I can't say there was anything that I hated.... but I can say that there were one or two that I wouldn't like to play again, purely based on the percussion part being so boring.

Ummmm, the one that sticks out to mind was.... oh, I forget the name of the piece :oops: but it was a 4th section piece abooouuuuut 5 years ago now..... Area piece possibly.... yea... I think.... Dunno.
    Nice piece, but I wouldn't like to play it *ever* again.

9. NeilW

NeilW Member

The White Company (Norman Richardson) in the 2nd section areas 197mumble (might well have been 3 :oops: ) In the days of C234Y sections of course...

Horrible piece! We never played it again despite having won by several points in the West of England.

Probably would be considered "quite nice" nowadays :)

Neil.

10. TIMBONE

TIMBONE Active Member

Do you mean "Paterns" Susan? As far as I know, us "Patons" have never been a test piece :eek:

Tim PATON

11. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

:oops:

I could have sworn it was called 'Patons' but I am getting old! :eek:

(Tried looking on 4 bars rest in results archive but they don't have anylistings of this contest now. Does anyone else know?)

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    years.Is
    Mine
    Own Choice West Midlands Contest
    ST PRIZE
    Royal Parks
  13. rutty

rutty Active Member

I didn't particularly like Verona Lights (Veronica's Tights) by Bruce Fraser at Butlins last year, second section.

14. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

Wouldn't be Cross Patonce (Goff Richards I think) would it?