Womens Euro 2005

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Andy_Euph, Jun 5, 2005.

1. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Anybody watch the England match?....prime reason why women should not play football!

Don't get me wrong i'm all for equal oppurtunies etc but it was hilarious to watch, i've seen better games on sunday mornings from 40something blokes who've obviously had too many pies and beer!

No doubt i'll watch the other games....however for comic value only :biggrin:
  2. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

I don't trust myself to reply to that, I'll say something I'll regret! 3-2, what more do you want????
  3. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

And to see them swap shirts at the end of the match... :clap:
  4. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

It was actually better than I expected it to be.
  5. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I only saw a few minutes towards the end, but what I saw wasn't bad. One thing though: which one was Keira Knightley :?: ;) :oops:
  6. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

7. postie

postie Member

They do play to a pretty good standard really very exciting game . Also the attendance was very good.
  8. stephen2001

stephen2001 Member

The only difference to the Men's England vs Columbia match was the speed of the game. Whilst both England teams had their good moments, they did have their bad moments as well.
    Give them time as Denmark and Sweden will be much sterner tests and England will perform better from that.
  9. becks164

becks164 Member

it was a good game very lucky to win it though, but women can can play football jst as good as the men!!
  10. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Did anyone see the France v Italy game last night?? I think the French team were after Soccer AM's Crossbar challenge record!! They hit the bar at least 3 times and still won 3-1!!

They looked a handy side, or could that have been that Italy were just pants?
  11. persins

persins Member

The standard was better than I was expecting but that really doesn't say a lot. They do compare with the mens side though in being able to turn attack into defense in one swift motion. How did they manage to throw away a 2 goal lead and still win??!!

It appears that they have found their equililent of Wayne Rooney as well in Karen Carvey. So many comparisons; age, confidence, looks!!
  12. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

What she looks like Shrek :biggrin: :biggrin:
  13. Cantonian

Cantonian Active Member

I don't know, but Rachel Unitt, the English left back certainly doesn't look like Shrek.
  14. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Watched some highlights last night... they can definitely take a challenge better than the male players. Didn't see any diving or rolling around like a muppet, even when they had been fouled.
  15. persins

persins Member

Too true!! I'm sure there's a joke about hard tackles and going down, but it eludes me at this moment!!
    At least the women play like men even if the men play like girls in that regard!
  16. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

:clap: :clap: :clap: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: ....Nice one

Seriously though my original post was made deliberately to see how many people I could get a rise out of, who could complain about watching many lovely ladies (*****rest of this sentence has been left out as it is slightly pervy, lol****)

P.S. Who is the amazingly fit lass who plays for England, she's a defender I think :confused:
  17. Cantonian

Cantonian Active Member

As noted previously!!
  18. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Well shock horror, England lost...well at least they've started as English sport means to go on in the next few weeks, i.e. Henman being tipped to win Wimbeldon when Great Uncle Bulgaria would do far better.

Only upside is that after a week of wimbledon (we'll all get bored after Henman loses) we get a summer of cricket, a sport which we might even win!!!!!!:eek:
  19. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Well oh dear me. Girls can play football, but they don't roll around on the floor like muppets, don't boot the ball from one end of the pitch to the other, don't spit at referees or swear at opposing players, and so far I've not heard of them roasting a poor defenceless male stripper in a nightclub in Benidorm. They must be boring players mustn't they?

Why should the women's game be just like the mens? It doesn't have to be all hard and fast. But then that's just a girl's view of things...:rolleyes:
  20. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

:confused: Were you watching the same game as me? I think about 99.9% of every attack England had was from a ball hoofed up the pitch for someone to run onto