WOE Area, Flowers Band

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by RedOctober, Jan 17, 2014.

1. RedOctober

RedOctober New Member

Absolutely gutted. Just can't believe it. I have booked my ticket already and now I hear that David Child's will not be appearing with Flowers at the WOE area contest. Can anyone at Flowers Band confirm this, or is it a case of chinese whispers? What a shame for the band if this is true!
  2. timps

timps Member

David is most definitely playing with us at the WOE area and we are very much looking forward to competing and trying to complete a hat-trick of wins!
  3. fartycat

fartycat Member

Would love to know how you've 'booked a ticket' as they don't appear to be on sale anywhere at the moment!

Congrats Lee and Flowers for yesterday's win, see you at Yeovil for more of the same!
  4. RedOctober

RedOctober New Member

Figure of speech really, but I shall be attending and look forward to hearing the now confirmed David Child's and Flowers Band. I shall correct the people who mid-informed me.

Yes massive congrats to Flowers. Not sure about Lee though, as I thought David was the soloist, but congrats anyway ; )
  5. Last name is Childs not Child's. Thought someone as correct and knowledgeable as you would know this!
  6. RedOctober

RedOctober New Member

Sorry, a spelling mistake ; )
  7. timps

timps Member

Thanks Paul, over the moon as you can imagine!
  8. Tubawolves

Tubawolves Member

:D I shouldn't but from one hole digger to another that made me smile, we would most definitely get on Ceri.

For the record I would like to congratulate Woodfalls on another impressive contest result to follow their outstanding 6th place at the Nationals. It is great news for West of England banding and there is clearly an excellent team spirit down there, congratulations

Craig (Dark Arts
    @ Flowers)
  9. mozart

mozart Member

I wonder why the likes of Cory,Tredegar,Brighouse or Dyke etc don't enter this contest? The prize money is far better than anything else on offer.:(
  10. RedOctober

RedOctober New Member

Don't be silly. A contest like Butlins is far beneath the likes of the elite bands. If one of them did decide to go it would look poor in my opinion. Particularly Dyke who have not been doing well lately, it would be a bad move.
  11. RedOctober

RedOctober New Member

Still hearing a ton of rumours the David Childs won't be appearing at the area contest. Of course Lee has confirmed this to be untrue, so there is nothing to worry about. But one of my friends believes he is going to see David perform a recital that weekend. He must of course have his dates mixed up, but it does pose and interesting potential situation in the future. Obviously David is busy promoting the euphonium and working with professional ensembles all over the world and not to mention the recitals he performs. That's on top of the master classes and his teaching too. I do wonder if he will realistically be able to do every contest with Flowers. I suspect not, which would be a disaster. Of course he managed it with Cory, but he probably does more now than he did then. Perhaps we will see this situation take place in the future... I hope not for Flowers though.
  12. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Member

Who could have predicted that this thread would turn in to a rude version of blankety blank?
  13. Tubawolves

Tubawolves Member

Red October please let me know your address - I run an environmental company and have a spare concrete mixer I would like to deliver to you because the spoon you are currently using is obviously not big enough. Joker!:hammer
  14. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Member

As soon as they are available for sale I'll be buying a ticket purely on the basis that David Childs is not playing. I therefore expect a full refund from RedOctober if this is not the case.
  15. simonium

simonium Member

Actually, he's one player with quite a nice part to play for some of what is a pleasant piece to listen to. Certainly not enough reason to get up in arms if he's not there, or to make a specific journey to Torquay if he is there. I will be there listening but my heart won't be sundered and torn if he's not there.
  16. Chris Hicks

Chris Hicks Member

I love the test piece!