WOB-Bandsman Poll

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by DocFox, Apr 28, 2008.

1. DocFox

DocFox Supporting Member

Have they finally given up. The last update was December of 2006 -- over a year ago.

A near impossible task, but it was nice to know someone was trying. I would say we start a poll here, but with less than 50 votes for website of the month I doubt it would draw much interest.

2. WorldofBrass.com

WorldofBrass.com Active Member

Can anyone shed any light on what this thread is talking about?

I get all territorial and protective when I see the initials W O B!
  3. DocFox

DocFox Supporting Member

4. Simon Preshom

Simon Preshom Member

5. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

Poll for what exactly?! This is the 4br/WOB rankings system, obviously the guys have quite alot on their hands and havnt had a chance to update it, no big deal really, just look at 4br if it bothers you that much. personally I dont take much interest in the rankings system really.
  6. DocFox

DocFox Supporting Member

Thanks for the other link. It didn't really "bother" me. It is a help when running a radio station to know where a band kind of stands so you do not buy a bad CD.

I had not poked around 4barsrest to notice it there. So thanks.
  7. DocFox

DocFox Supporting Member

World of Brass you mentioned you get all territorial (as you should) when someone mentions your site. But I have a question. Why have a link on the front page to rankings of bands that are well over a year old? Some of the bands such as "Sellers" is long gone.

I do not know if you have a coop between 4barsRest or not (it seems so) -- therefore it would be easy to update. Or simply take down.

I know it must be hard with CDs coming and going to keep such a massive website up-to-date (I have a similar problem). But this one seems obvious and easy to fix.

8. Simon Preshom

Simon Preshom Member

I have been sat for five minutes thinking of a nice way to say this, but I can't........get a life man!
  9. DocFox

DocFox Supporting Member

WOW. You know, people point out mistakes in my websites all the time. I am thankful. Sometimes a webmaster overlooks things -- sometimes they have been their for a year or more and forgotten.

I usually thank them, fix the problem, and go on. But I certainly never say to anyone trying to give me a second pair of "eyes" to get a life.

If that is all you had to say, perhaps you should have saved the bandwidth.

As they said in TRON the movie by Disney -- EOL.
  10. WorldofBrass.com

WorldofBrass.com Active Member

Thank you, the page is now showing the latest rankings, as published in British Bandsman issue dated 7th June 2008.