With deepest sadness

Discussion in 'Obituaries - Unregistered visitors can post here' started by brass journo, Sep 12, 2006.

1. robcav

robcav Member

I too was stunned and deeply saddened to hear of the loss of one of life's true gentlemen. Adrian was a man of great musical ability, humility, integrity and good humour. I had the pleasure of knowing Adrian as a member of Jayess Queensbury and Yorkshire Co-op and heard him grow over the years into a highly talented EEb Bass player and a terrific asset to the bands.
    My deepest sympathies and sincere condolences go to Adrian's wife and family.
    Rob Cavender

2. Mike Howley

Mike Howley Guest

Devastated...

Sally and I were shocked and deeply saddened by the awful news of the death of our friend. He was a good bandsman and a top lad. I would like to extend our deepest sympathies to his wife and family.

Mike Howley
    Prinipal Euphonium – Band Coordinator
    Brighouse & Rastrick Band

3. paddo

paddo Member

What a shock, so young and such a gap left. Myself & Joanne's thoughts are with his family & friends, also from the Innovate Skelmanthorpe Band.

Mark & Joanne

4. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

When I first joined United Co-op, three weeks before an areas, I had no idea what banding at 1st section level was like, had never even seen a double-flat before, and was hopelessly out of my depth. Adie was sat on top Eb bass when I joined on 2nd, and he practically held my hand right the way through the buildup. A mutual love of motorcycles made us friends, and he explained everything I was struggling with in the simplest of terms, yet somehow was always helpful and encouraging and never condescending. I even followed him home a few times when I was struggling to find my way out of brighouse, ironically to the crossroads he was killed at.

It's no overstatement to say that his encouragement and coaxing was a big factor in me becoming the musician I am today. I'll always remember JR standing the band up after our performance at St George's. I'd split a few things and was worried I'd ruined the show, but Adie just smiled down at me and said "Nice one lad." And that was enough.

Words just aren't enough, but we'll miss him. Great player, great bloke, very deeply and sadly missed. Just tragic that a man of his talents and good hearted nature was cut down at just 28 years old.

I just haven't got the words....

Last edited: Sep 14, 2006
  5. persins

persins Member

This is indeed sad news.
    I guested with Yorkshire Co-op last year and so probably met Adrian. My sympathies go to all of his family and friends.

6. What terrible news. I will remember Adie as a great bloke and superb player. I send my condolences to his wife and family.

7. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

I am absolutely gutted.
    I first met Adrian at Bradford Youth Brass Band, where we had a huge laugh at every rehearsal. He was always smiling and winking from behind his bass, even when all hell and utter chaos was breaking out around. I have some amazing photos of us all being VERY silly on the bus to the Albert Hall in 1995.
    When I joined Jayess that year Adrian was there again, fighting over the Jaffa cakes with the rest of us and always someone to rely on for support and friendship.
    One of my fondest memories was at my 18th birthday do where, along with robcav and a few others, Adrian stayed on after the party ended and a group of about 8 of us talked into the night and had a great time.
    As a musician you could always rely on him to be there and his commitment to Yorkshire Coops was amazing. I'm sure everyone who has every had a dodgy slide or temperamental valve fixed by him will also miss his skill as a craftsman.
    Deepest condolences to his wife and family at this sad time.
    Rachel & Ian Miller, Pam & John Higginson (Head of Centre @ Rhodesway where BYBB was formed)

8. brass journo

brass journo Member

Hi everyone

Thanks for lovely words. I have passed the link for this thread onto Adrian's wife Sarah so she can read all your wishes.

I also have details of the funeral which will be held on Tuesday 19th Sept - 1.30pm at St. Williams Roman Catholic Church
    Ingleby Road
    Bradford

Please let everyone know as there will be plenty of friends and family there and everyone is welcome.

Sarah has also asked if Yorkshire Co-op can play at the Bradford Bulls match on Sept 23rd playing a piece as a tribute to Adrian. If anyone wants to join us for that please e-mail me at: tabby.clegg@btopenworld.com.

Many thanks again

love

Tabbs

9. agentorange

agentorange Member

Sincerest condolences to Adrians family and friends and to all at Yorkshire Co-op, on behalf of Knottingley Silver Band.

10. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

Deepest sympathies to all family friends and fellow bandsmen

from All at Long Eaton x

11. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

My Old Pal Adrian

I have known Adrian since we were both 11 years old at school. We were in all the same classes at St Edmund Campion and St Bede's and we usually sat next to each other. We also spent a lot of time together away from school at each other's houses, camping in his back garden and going on "Day Rovers" (remember those?!) all over West Yorkshire on buses!

Since we left school, as usually happens, you don't see your old friends as often as you'd like. However, I did see him on a number of occasions, but we never lost touch. We exchanged some nice emails in June, and more recently in August. It brings tears to my eyes reading them now. I want to hit "reply" and write some more.

My overriding memory of Adrian is his love for brass bands. I always remember him lugging his tuba round Bradford on the bus and round school all day causing obstructions in the aisles and corridors!

He ended up in a job in an industry that he loved - I am quite sure he got up for work every morning and could not wait to get there.

I am totally gutted about Adrian's passing, and have a certain amount of guilt that we didn't see each other too much in the last few years, but as stated we stayed in touch and me and my old pal Adrian never forgot about each other. I am missing him already.

Best regards to his wife, family and friends and everyone who encountered that great guy Adrian Davison. Paul Fixter