Wirral Brass Band Vacancies

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Wirral Brass, Nov 20, 2009.

1. Wirral Brass

Wirral Brass New Member

Edit: for current vacancies and contact details please see most recent posts

Hello all,
    Me and a friend of mine are planning to start a brass band on the Wirral Peninsular. Between us we have over 40 years of playing experience in top brass, concert and military bands. We already conduct and arrange and the next step in to start a band from scratch.
    If all goes to plan the band will be based in the Greasby area (about 20 mins from Liverpool and 30 mins from Chester), initially rehearsals will be once a week from 7.30 -9.30pm 9 (we’ll try and get some tea and biscuits too). However this will be flexible as we believe the band should be for the players!!, but you've got to have a starting point.

So if you got a instrument (and a stand might be helpful at first), and you're any age young or old and you fancy being involved in something new and fresh then please get in touch, all players and supporters will be most warmly welcomed.

Pete

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2010
  2. Wirral Brass

Wirral Brass New Member

Players needed in the North West!!

Hello all,
    Me and a friend of mine are planning to start a brass band on the Wirral Peninsular. Between us we have over 40 years of playing experience in top brass, concert and military bands. We already conduct and arrange and the next step in to start a band from scratch.
    If all goes to plan the band will be based in the Greasby area (about 20 mins from Liverpool and 30 mins from Chester), initially rehearsals will be once a week from 7.30 -9.30pm (we’ll try and get some tea and biscuits too). However this will be flexible as we believe the band should be for the players!!, but you've got to have a starting point.

So if you got a instrument (and a stand might be helpful at first), and you're any age young or old and you fancy being involved in something new and fresh then please get in touch, all players and supporters will be most warmly welcomed.

Pete (pplsmith@hotmail.com)

3. Columbo

Columbo Member

All the very best of luck with that. I must admit I've seen lots of encouraging things recently such as the work you are preparing to put in, which is changing my outlook and reinstating my enthusiasm for the movement in general. Its been humbling to see the effort being put in by youngsters and tutors alike. I'm looking forward to assisting in the enjoyment that the children are experiencing. I hope it all works out well for you. Are you intending to look at mixed abilities/youngsters etc?

4. Wirral Brass

Wirral Brass New Member

Thanks for your kind words. It sounds like you've been disillusioned with the movement as I have been to a certain extent.
    We are looking to set a band for all who wish to try hard and improve therefore all abilties and most certainly youngsters.
    Are you playing with a band and would you like to get involved with our project?

best regards
    Pete

5. Columbo

Columbo Member

You are very welcome. Bit too far for me I'm afraid and I'm settled now. I'm sure with some perseverance you will succeed. Just remember it takes time. Also, its quality not quantity that counts, therefore be prepared to be patient with the numbers for a while until word gets around. Its just as important for 5-10 members to enjoy the time you spend as well as 25-30.

6. Wirral Brass

Wirral Brass New Member

I agree, one thing you could do is spread the word, the more people know the better.
    Thanks
    Pete

7. Wirral Brass

Wirral Brass New Member

Players needed for the New Year

Hello all,
    If all goes to plan the band will be based in the Greasby area (about 20 mins from Liverpool and 30 mins from Chester), initially rehearsals will be once a week from 7.30 -9.30pm (we’ll try and get some tea and biscuits too). However this will be flexible as we believe the band should be for the players!!, but you've got to have a starting point.

8. Wirral Brass

Wirral Brass New Member

Merry christmas - ho ho ho

Merry Christmas to one and all in the banding movement!!

Wirral Brass have vacancies for Cornets, horns and baritones and of course as always everyone is welcome.

Best Wishes

9. Wirral Brass

Wirral Brass New Member

Vacancies for cornets and horns

we rehears on Wednesday nights 7.30 - 9.30 at New Brighton Rugby Club, Moreton

All instruments welcome

Contact wirralbrass@hotmail.co.uk for more details

Pete

10. Wirral Brass

Wirral Brass New Member

Huge Success

We (Wirral Brass) had our first rehearsal tonight in New Brighton Rugby Club, many many thanks to all those who attended. I am always impressed by the willingness of brass players to come together and make music. I was a little nervous but am now looking forward to next week's rehearsal.
    Of course we are looking for players, all players are most welcome but we are especially looking for cornet players so if you would like to come and play please get in touch wirralbrass@hotmail.co.uk
    Once again many thanks for tonight to all in attendance.

Pete (MD)

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Wirral Brass Band Vacancies
    Greasby
    Wirral Peninsular
    Liverpool
    brass band
  12. Wirral Brass

Wirral Brass New Member

13. Wirral Brass

Wirral Brass New Member

North West vancancies

We are a newly formed band based on the Wirral Peninsular looking for players of all brass and percussion instruments to join the band and play in concerts and contests.
    Rehearsals are on Wednesdays from 8pm – 9.30 pm at
    New Brighton Rugby Club
    Moreton

If you would like more information you can either
    Email: wirralbrass@hotmail.co.uk
    Phone Pete Smith (MD) 01516781643 or
    Visit our website

14. Wirral Brass

Wirral Brass New Member

Wirral Brass - Vacancies

The recently formed Wirral Brass Band have vacancies for Cornets, Soprano and Basses. We are very friendly recently formed band. We rehearse once a week and are looking to consolidate our numbers in preparation for contesting next year. Please contact Pete Smith by email - wirralbrass@hotmail.co.uk or by phone 0151 6781643

15. Wirral Brass

Wirral Brass New Member

Vacancies in friendly North West Band

Wirral Brass has vacancies in the following positions

Bb Cornets
    Bass Trombone
    Eb or BBb Basses

We are a very friendly band looking to complete our line up for the North West area in Feb 2011.

Please call Pete Smith 0151 678 1643 if you could fill any of these seats

16. Wirral Brass

Wirral Brass New Member

Wirral Brass Vacancies

We require Bb Cornet players and BBb Basses available to sign for the 2011 North West areas next Feb

To fill these vacancies and play at the Winter Gardens in Blackpool
    Email - wirralbrass@hotmail.co.uk or
    Phone - Pete Smith on 0151 678 1643

17. Wirral Brass

Wirral Brass New Member

Something for everyone

We formed only 8 months ago!!!
    We have already
    • Secured funding from the council
    • Bought music, stand, instruments , uniforms and banners
    • Have performed at 2 prestigious engagments
    • Have non-playing members doing behind the scenes work

Our players range from professional musicians, players returning from a break, regular banders and youngsters.

So don't worry we HAVE a place for everyone!!

We rehearse once a week on Wednesdays

Our postcode is CH46 3RH.....google it, it's not as far away as you think!!!

18. Simon_Horn

Simon_Horn Member

This is so great to see - congratulations and I wish you every success.

19. Tubah

Tubah Member

Have sent an e-mail to the address on your website. Look forward to meeting you.