Winter Olympics

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by DublinBass, Feb 10, 2006.

1. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Anybody going to watch?

I'm looking forward to hockey and curling :D
  2. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

ive got the opening ceremony on tv now.. quite spectacular actually! the skier formation thing has to be the highlight of it so far! absolutely amazing!
    oo wow big flying sun and a big flying moon on now...
  3. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

I LOVE the winter olympics.
  4. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

WOW!! what an opening ceremony!! spectacular stuff, topped off with a bit of pavarotti to finish! :clap: the italians have got style! if the events are as spectacular as the opening ceremony everyone watching will be in for a treat!
  5. cujo_134

cujo_134 Member

Ditto here. Not really interested in anything except for those, mainly the hockey. Hopefully our men and women can repeat again.
  6. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

For me it'll be the various bobsleigh / luge / skeleton events and some of the ski-ing, probably the downhill and the ski jumping.

I like a bit of danger provided I'm sat on a nice comfy sofa watching someone else doing the dangerous stuff.
  7. tam-tam2

tam-tam2 Member

I enjoy watching the Winter Olympics, I just can't see who in their right mind would want to do the skeleton and the luge though!! Anyway, I will only see a week of it as I'm off snowboarding in Wengen, Switzerland next Saturday and I can't wait!!
  8. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

I was a bit flummoxed by the waltxing cow bit in the opening ceremony mind!!!!

But I shall be watching most of it. Ian is now convinced I got laryngitis on purpose so I could stay home and watch teh Games. Trouble is, I can't shout at him now... :-(

Rach x

HANNAH Member

The opening ceremony was pretty good but I'm not sure if I'll be watching anymore of it. I just like watching ice skating to see if anybody falls!
  10. HBB

HBB Active Member

The only reason why anyone watches Dancing on Ice...
  11. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

I love the Ice Hockey and the Downhill and Bobsleigh have to be the best for me:woo
  12. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

I love watching the olympics, even the rubbish ice-skaters/ skiers/bobsleighers are amazing!!
  13. Steve

Steve Active Member

havent we managed two spectacular wipeouts and subsequent last places today?

Go team GB
  14. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Well , at least they've had a go!
  15. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

My favourite opening ceremony was in Lillehammer in 1994. There were all these little kids dressed as gnomes and trolls popping up out of the snow and having snowball fights and......
    I guess maybe you had to see it to appreciate it.:oops: I thought it was cute anyway.
    Keep meaning to watch but keep missing all the interesting stuff. Downhill giant half-pipe mogul slalom doesn't do it for me. Want to watch the speed stuff on skeletons and luges.
  16. aqua76

aqua76 Member

Oooooooooooouch!!!! Horrendous fall by the chinese skater, why do they keep showing it again and again!!

Snowboarding was great though, i was on holiday there couple of years ago, ahhh, the free shots at the Guiness bar......(the only bar in town!!!!!! - no literally, it was the only bar there! )

4 weeks till my boarding holiday :)
  17. Mrs Fruity

Mrs Fruity Member

OUUUUCCCHHHH!!! What a tiger to get up and continue!
    And I'd never seen boarding before - wow! Wish I wasn't too old and decrepit (with crepitus!) to take it up!
  18. Steve

Steve Active Member

i wanna go at that luge!! awesome
  19. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

I love the winter olympics and am getting totally addicted to it. Can't stand the summer olympics though, that is just two weeks of absolute tedium as far as I am concerned.
  20. aqua76

aqua76 Member

Did you know that you have to be certifiably insane before they let you do that event?

Honest, hehehe ;-)