Wingates Band on BBC Breakfast

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Anno Draconis, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

Not sure if anyone saw it, but Wingates were the latest band to make a TV appearance this morning, as part of BBC Breakfast's feature on the Bolton West Constituency. Some members of the band got their 30 seconds of fame when asked for opinions about the forthcoming elections, and the whole segment was backed by the band playing part of "Wired" by Lucy Pankhurst.

I thought it looked pretty good (I wasn't involved when it was filmed last night, mercifully for the viewing/listening public) and was particularly pleased that Lucy's piece was used, as opposed to the original suggestion of Born Free!

Quick plug: If you saw it, and you liked "Wired", you'll be able to hear the whole piece as part of Wingates programme in the Great Northern Spring Brass Arts Festival in the Bridgewater Hall on 9 May.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Wingates
    Wired
    Wingates Band
    BBC Breakfast
    Bolton West Constituency
  3. John_D

John_D Member

I saw that as well. The band were on a couple of times (they tend to repeat things every hour at that time of day).

4. HornPlayerMK

HornPlayerMK Member

Yeah, caught a bit of them this morning. I wondered what the piece was so thanks for that. Better choice than playing Born Free!

5. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

My dad usually sings "Born Free, until she married me...." in a wistful fashion.

6. BariPower

BariPower Member

Didn't see the TV segment but have heared them play wired before - awesome piece!

7. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

I thought they sounded well.
    Did a lot for the positive image of banding.

- Mr Wilx