Wingates Band 1982....

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by ChrisHelme, Jan 28, 2015.

1. ChrisHelme

ChrisHelme Member

Wingates Band - 1982.jpg

The Bass Wingates Band of 1982....How many of these players do you know or remember ?
  2. DS2014

DS2014 Active Member

The one on the right looks like Shergar.
  3. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

I'm too transfixed by the sight of all those beer barrels to pay any attention to the band ...
  4. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

I think the 3rd from the left on the front is the legend that is Terry Holden, one of the nicest blokes in banding. And isn't that Garry Cutt in the tux on the right? I know he was resident about that time.
  5. JR

JR Member

The other tux is Denis Carr isnt it?

6. James Yelland

James Yelland Active Member

Both Carr and Cutt were conducting the band in 1982/3 according to contest records, so it seems very possible.
  7. Bbmad

Bbmad Active Member

I am quite sure that Lord Lucan is in this photo as well.
  8. The Wizard

The Wizard Member

Martin Newsome on Bass Trombone ---- 2nd row from the back.
  9. Bob Sherunkle

Bob Sherunkle Member

Those were the days...

It has been sad to observe from afar the demise of the moustache in northern banding over the past few decades.

It can't be mere coincidence that the tash count has dwindled during a time when bands have become less popular with audiences.

Food for thought. Or at least small particles of it trapped amongst the bristles.

The bloke in the second row has got Shergar's teeth.

10. Dago

Dago Member

Denis Carr, Garry Cutt, Mike Kilroy, Geoff Harrop,
  11. pedaller

pedaller Member

From the front left to right, as best as I can remember;
    Martin Obermuller, Chris (?), Terry Holden, one I can't recall.
    Len Withington, Mike Kilroy, Trevor Halliwell, Malcolm ( I think - a wizard with electronics too ), Dave Royle, Don't know, Geoff Baker on Sop
    Nige Beasley, Stuart (can't remember surname), Brian Heaton (Mon Ami), Phil Fox, Geoff Harrop, don't know other Eb player, then Henry on percussion.
    Brian Halliwell, Alan Fowler, Alan Macdonald, Jon DonDuncan, Alec Banks, Martin Newsome, another player I don't recognise.
  12. foxyflug

foxyflug Member

The "other" EEb player is the sadly no longer with us Lawrence Manley.

I used to have the LP that this was the front cover for!