Wingates and Carlton Main in Concert, Bolton, 17th March

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by Anno Draconis, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

Wingates band are pleased to present "Red & White Rose Brass", a rare opportunity to hear Championship bands from both sides of the Pennines in concert together. Wingates Band and the Carlton Main Frickley Colliery Band will be joining forces for a top quality joint concert.

Carlton's programme will include the fantastic Kirsty Abbots playing Rimmer's Hailstorm, Toni Durrant playing Grandfather's Clock, Peter Graham's Call of the Cossacks and Leigh Baker's arrangement Miklos Rosza's King of Kings. Wingates will be including Summon the Heroes, Short Ride in a Brass Machine by some bloke called Andrew Baker, horn soloist Anita Milde playing The Piper o'Dundee and Paul Lovatt Cooper's Fire in the Blood in their set. Massed band items will include Crown Imperial and (of course!) Procession to the Minster.

Wingates are delighted to welcome such a good band as our guests, and it promises to be a great concert. Now, I know that generally banders don't go and listen to other bands(!) but if you miss this one, you'll miss a treat. It's on Saturday 17 March at the Victoria Hall, Knowsley Street, Bolton, there is ample car parking (free after 6pm) just at the back of the hall. Starts at 7.30, doors are generally open 45 minutes before. Tickets are £10, £9 for concessions, available on the door or in advance from the box office on 01204 334400. If you send me a PM on here or email andrew dot baker at charlesworth dot com I'll make sure some tickets are put aside for you.

Hope to see a few TMPers there...:)
  2. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

PS I should have added conductors, really. Wingates will be conducted by one of our Associate Conductors, Halle Orchestra principal tuba Ewan Easton MBE. I believe Carlton Main will be wagged by none other than the living legend that is Mr Richard Evans.