Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by jingleram, Jun 28, 2006.

1. jingleram

jingleram Active Member

Soo who's watching this year? Who's going to win? Will Henman do us proud, or get to the semi's and flop...Will it be Murray's year? What's your predictions folks?
  2. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

I watched Murray's match yesterday- what suberb tennis... I do hope he goes all the way. As for Henman, if he goes through all the way I'll be surprised... I have a feeling he'll lose todays match..... if not, good on 'im :)

To win... Dunno.... but not Henman...
  3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Get to the semi's and flop... he won't even get past the second round!!!!:wink:
  4. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

LOL. That's Britains number 3 player you have such faith in! :rolleyes:
  5. jingleram

jingleram Active Member

I'm begining to think you are right! I think he's a great player, but lacks the self ocnfidence to do himself justice!! I reckon he's on a par with Roddick in terms of his skill etc...just held back by himself!
  6. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Well, that's the end of Tim Henman's Wimbledon for another year :mad:
  7. gawber

gawber Active Member

And it's probably this years winner who's put him out.

Federer looks unbeatable!
  8. cujo_134

cujo_134 Member

Federer definitely looks good right now, dissapointed that Henman didn't give him a better game. I also think Hewitt looks good right now, that could be a good final, Hewitt vs. Federer. I really don't think that Roddick will make another finals appearacne this year, he really has struggled this year and didn't look to good in his first match.
  9. TheMusicMan

I can see Mr Henman calling it a day after that complete whitewash. He was totally annihilated and was ran ragged all over the court.
  10. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

every year Henman say's "its my year".... and each time it's not.... Time for him to call it the day indeed!!
  11. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

Where do people stand on the equal pay issue? Personally I feel that the pay should remain different, as the winner of the men's will have played more sets than the winner of the women's, and there seem to be more scores like 6-0, 6-1 in the early rounds of the women's than in the men's.
  12. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

Actually I'm rather chuffed that Henman is out so early. We now don't have to suffer all the false expectation that he might actually win it. The plain fact is he's not good enough to win it - never was, never will be.

Now its Murray's turn to be a glorious failure - they've already renamed Henman Hill Murray Mount.

Personally I find all the fuss about Wimbledon extremely irritating. In the great scheme of things it doesn't actually mean anything. The week after wimbledon the tennis circus will move to another country and the top players will all play each other again, collect their pay cheque, move to the next location, play each other again, collect their pay cheque... ad infinitum.

And I also don't care for the fan base either. I'd bet my shirt on the fact that 99% of the middle aged business men and housewives who get so exited never go to their local tennis club to watch or don't even follow other championships broadcast on the minor satelite channels. They're more interested in their Pimms and strawberrys and cream and watching some old buffer like Cliff Richard make a fool of himself.

Sorry rant over, as you can probably tell I don't care too much for the tennis circus - great game to play though!
  13. TheMusicMan

Not as good as squash though...

</off topic>
  14. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

John, just so you know, if you're looking for anyone to closely scrutinise and moderate any Maria Sharopova's threads, I'm a more than willing volunteer! :tongue:
  15. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Tennis is not one of my favorite sports to watch but Roger Federer for me to win:clap:
  16. midwalesman

midwalesman Member

Forget the brits get behind Hingis.....she's back and cuter than ever!!!
  17. TheMusicMan

Cheers Crawf. I have added your name to our popular list of "voyeuristic Mods needed" ...:)
  18. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

I would hope to think that there is more to women's tennis than short skirts and bare legs ... :oops:
  19. gawber

gawber Active Member

Well there's Martina Navratilova!
  20. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Active Member

A Brit has just won a match - remind me, how did our glorious footballers do this evening??

I don't think he is good enough to beat Federer (I don't think ANYONE is), but it is nice to have SOME British success today.

I wonder how many of the papers will be praising his success - or how many will be moaning about the football?