Wimbledon, What a load of rubbish!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by StellaJohnson, Jun 22, 2008.

1. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

I'm afraid it's that time of year, unfortunatley Wimbledon is going to start. What are you lot going to do to avoid this load of rubbish:mad:, (two channels also) or are you one of the few that take time off work to watch this nonsence and cheer on Andy Murrey!:mad:

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Wimbledon
    Andy Murrey
    time of year
    unfortunatley Wimbledon
    nonsence
  3. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

Don't mind watching the sport of tennis, but hate the British commentators and their brown-nosing. Also massively hate Cliff Richard, really hope he is featured at all.

4. Masterblaster jnr

Masterblaster jnr Active Member

I think during the tournament my nextdoor neighbour is decorating so i might ask if i can go and supervise her paint whilst it dries. However my grass is starting to grow, sounds very enetrtaining so might spectate that instead

5. davidquinlan

davidquinlan Member

I wonder if there is a tennis forum somewhere on the net.. that make similar comments prior to brass band contests......

"I hear there is a brass band contest on next week, best go watch the grass grow/paint dry"

6. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Not watch the channels its on? Just because you have a TV does not mean you have to watch it! After all I know a lot of people who have instruments at home and don't use them!

7. dyl

dyl Active Member

Ha!

:clap:

8. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

And when Andy Murray goes out early doors there'll be sympathetic headlines with him applauding the crowd after he trudges off not having broken the british hoodoo on wimbledon.

When it rains, cliff will sing, or they'll replay Henman NOT beating sampras for the millionth time.

And at the end of it, Federer takes the trophy home.

There y'go. No need to watch it now. ;)

9. Ipswich trom

Ipswich trom Member

Have you noticed when most tennis players are being easily beaten they always end up with an injury excuse.
    Can't abide the game, pray for rain for two weeks solid.

10. bigcol

bigcol Member

I've got one word to sum up Wimbledon - Pimms.

11. StellaJohnson

I know but I only have 4 channels and when two channels of wimbledon is on from morning right through till I get back from work it annoys me, it really limits my choice. One channel and interactice is more than enough courage. Most sports on the BBC don't get this more live sport constantly

Then Wimbledon comes No ones interested in Andy Murrey or Tim Henman the rest of the the year. But for two weeks solid, these fat middle aged women start screaming and cheering when really they stand no chance of winning to begin with.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Wimbledon
    Andy Murrey
    time of year
    unfortunatley Wimbledon
    nonsence
  13. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Your lucky to have a choice of 4 channels to watch whilst at work!

14. Ipswich trom

Ipswich trom Member

:biggrin: Can't wait to tell the Mrs that.

15. StellaJohnson

I don't watch tv at work and I glad I don't:cool:

16. StellaJohnson

But instead on showing something interesting on TV. When it rains they put repeats on or worst still cliff singing:eek:

17. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

So if its on all the time you are at work why moan?

18. MarkGillatt

MarkGillatt Member

Personally, I don't mind wimbledon at all, it's the best fortnight for sleep in the year, apart from this one time I woke up when a womens match was on, all I heard was lots of grunting and screaming. I thought it was the wife stuck in the cupboard again, but, unfortunately not.:biggrin:

19. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

When you do, can you give me plenty of warning so I can run and HIDE!!!!:wink:

20. StellaJohnson

Come on Tim!
    Henman :clap: :clap: :clap: !
    Come on Tim!

21. Ipswich trom

Ipswich trom Member

I think you will be far enough away not to hear the outburst. :tongue:

22. I can't stand tennis but being a red blooded male I will be using the internet at work to stream through the ladies tennis. Have no idea what's going on and who's winning but you don't need to know that to watch short skirts fly up and reveal nice little hot pants. MMM MMM